• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning denizens

Sunny start out. Chilly though: currently 5°C though it was 3° only thirty or so minutes ago, and there's traces of frost on the roofs that get frosty out the back. It's expected to continue sunny until lunchtime when it'll cloud over while reaching a maximum of 13°, but no rain predicted. Barometers shooting back up at 1021/1029mB

Comment

Morning.

Dry.

Sunny. :.

CBS.

Cold in here at 11.9 deg.

1029 mBar, 30.39 in Hg, 771.8 Torr, 14.92 psi, (up from 1024 mBar last night), 73% RH.

Thursday.

The recycling engineers made their merry way along the road earlier, taking away all my valuable recycling donations.

Bedsheets in the WM: 20 minutes setting.

We'll see how The New Washing Line holds up shortly.

Walk (unabbrevaited) walked in the Grey Gloom.

The bedsheets proved to be as wet thereafter as they had been before so they met the Spin Dryer (3200 rpm) which indicated that stopping the WM with 2 minutes to go wasn't a Good Idea.

Now back on the line a good deal less wet than previously.

Lunch: baked potato with cheese & baked beans, a red corner yog, bramble jelly sandwiches, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Y&Y on R4 until it got even more tedious than normal.

And, with that, the rain arrives, so into the TD go the sheets. Ho hum.

Freecell score: 100%, running average 84%.

Sheets out of the TD & airing over the banisters.

Tea: chilli con carne with rice, peach slices, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Discovering Vincent Price.

Michael Wood's story of Engerland: famine, horror, & plague.

Bit like now really but with much more impressive buboes.

Trucking Hell S5 E16. More mayhem.

Possibly more Alias though I'm finding its glitz a bit much: back in the day it seemed betterer. Typical J. J. Abrams really. All surface with nothing much behind it.
      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 17 March 2022, 19:55.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Dry, bright and sunny out. Not a cloud to be seen from my vantage point. Patio covered in a fine dusting of sand. Currently 10 degrees with a high of 13 later. Barometer up to 1030 mBar.

Absolutely cream crackered today. Finished work yesterday at 21:45. Much sleep planned for the coming weekend.

Comment

Walk briskly walked, green ring closed

Other people on the team have a tendency to go for a walk or cycle at lunchtime, so I figured I might as well get it done at the same time

Nice and sunny out, and supposedly 12°C, but there's a chilly breeze too

And upon returning I remembered that I put some trousers in the wash this morning, so I need to drape them over the clotheshorse

Lunch first though

Comment

Lunch: a couple of medium-sized sausage rolls

And the washed trousers have been duly draped

Comment

I'm done for the day

This afternoon there was the informal weekly group chat for developers, led by the civil servant dev who was the lead on the project I was on last year (until she left for another team, leaving me and the other contractor to finish it off). At the start she outlined a fairly obscure Django problem she had and asked anybody who had an idea of how to deal with to let her know. I immediately sussed out a way to do it, using one of those features that's buried so deep in the documentation that mere skimming would be unlikely to find it and it might not show up in relevant searches, as the thing that would make it work for her requirement isn't the main point (though it is clearly documented as part of the API contract). Nice to be able to help within a few minutes of us being back in touch, particularly as I think she's a bit more senior in the department now, and could thus be useful to have on side for future projects that need a contractor

Comment

The recycling has been gathered up and taken down, and brought the bin sufficiently close to full to be worth a trundle

Comment

Is there a new series of The Repair Shop? My iPlayer app has downloaded four episodes while I wasn't looking.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                    Is there a new series of The Repair Shop? My iPlayer app has downloaded four episodes while I wasn't looking.
                    Seems to be - they've all got "first shown" dates starting from Monday this week

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

Seems to be - they've all got "first shown" dates starting from Monday this week
                      I've got some "shortened" ones in the queue I haven't watched yet too, though the oldest expires on Sunday so I'd better get on with them

Comment

Working...
                      X