• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all
    Blue skies and sunny, although there was mist in the valley overnight.

Pleasant day, while I work out what to do with an old client laptop I have found. Client no longer exists (bought over, asset stripped, sold on). IT department no longer exists (outsourced). Most of the senior staff I knew got early retirement.

Problem is the laptop is running carbon black.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning all

Blue sky with bits of fluff again. Currently 13 degrees with a high of 15 forecast. Looks like it'll get a bit cloudier as the day progresses with a reasonable chance of rain overnight. Barometer steady at 1023 mBar.

HWMBO trundled the bins last night as the cocktails floored me and I had to have a mid-evening nap on the sofa. Fortunately not sore-headed this morning.

Comment

Lunch has been a couple of freshly baked sausage rolls

Been a while since I've made those

Comment

Lunch was a bacon roll
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Walk briskly walked, green ring closed

Rather mild out there this evening

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
              ... while I work out what to do with an old client laptop I have found. Client no longer exists (bought over, asset stripped, sold on). IT department no longer exists (outsourced). Most of the senior staff I knew got early retirement.

Problem is the laptop is running carbon black.
              In the end, I wiped the drive, re-installed W10 and am now rebuilding the machine.

Comment

Southern not-fried chicken and fries, with lashings of ketchup, for tea

Comment

TFBSZ

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

In the end, I wiped the drive, re-installed W10 and am now rebuilding the machine.
                    Wot no Linux?

TV in the early evening was more of the same: the car people with a BMW 2002tii (one of those boxy-looking ones from the 1970s), then the gold miners, then the antiques chap, who went to various European places for a change. Teatime viewing was a bit more of that warship programme, which I must admit I'd forgotten I was watching. And finally, another episode of that NatGeo show about hurricanes and other storms filmed by people out on boats and rigs and things while they're happening

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all

Murky and overcast on our walk earlier, and now it's raining.

Comment

Working...
                      X