• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    And a 'chury. Finally remembered to pay attention to the post count
    Good job!
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

As of tonight I'm unemployed (until Monday). Last working day was yesterday, today holiday) we ended up in the pub putting the world right with a pint of tribute or 7.

Off to the Smoke to actually meet my new boss on Monday, its weird interviewing via teams.

Popping out for a haircut later.

Now tidying the man shack! And posting jokes here.

food yesterday was bacon butty with lots of salad. Sausage and onion baguette then last night was roast chicken & Mediterranean veg.

At the weekend I watched the new prime series 'Reacher' which was rather good. Then bits of elementary (despite being a re interpretation its not bad ) and Blacklist.

Hope everyone is well.

Comment

Shopping done!

I ventured to M&S in search of the sausages and SFC I like from there. Heading in, I grabbed a basket and then remembered I didn't need one, for I intended to scan with my phone, meaning I could just dump stuff straight into the shopping bag I'd remembered to take with me. Ended up getting quite a lot of sausages of various kinds as well as the chicken along with some lamb chops, as I had a 15% discount on meat until tomorrow from my Sparks card. I do enjoy doing the phone scan thing in there; scan, dump in shopping bag, then when I've got everything I just pay with Apple Pay as I head out via menswear, thereby entirely avoiding any bottlenecks around the checkouts

Then over the way to Sainsbury's, where I ended up getting too much. But it was in a good cause as, in addition to bonus Nectar points and special Nectar discounts on a variety of things, I also had a voucher in the Nectar app giving me a further £8 off if I spent over £80. So I did. Then I got pulled for a rescan on the self-scan checkouts, but the bloke was very quick about it and also helped out with the fact that the thing couldn't scan the £8 voucher on my phone.

And so home, where I managed to cram all the various things in the fridge and freezer, but now have to work out a schedule for getting through a variety of meats within a very tight cluster of use-by dates

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
          At the weekend I watched the new prime series 'Reacher' which was rather good.
          I've seen a lot of people speaking highly of that; must give it a try

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

I've seen a lot of people speaking highly of that; must give it a try
            Well the actor is 6ft 5 so a bit more like the book. Sorry Mr Cruise regardless of how tall your heels are you will be left wanting.

He also plays it less cool and more Sherlock Holmes again closer to the book, less talk more accuracy. The shorthand with Neagly is a bit strained but does actually make sense after a decade serving together.

https://www.irishtimes.com/culture/b...er%20Go%20Back).

Comment

Lunch: sausages in finger rolls. All fresh today, and very tasty

By the way, with the new battery the car started straight away despite not having been used for two weeks. So I think it must just have been the old battery failing to hold a charge due to lockdown-related deep discharge that's caused the problem, rather than a parasitic drain

That's two batteries this pandemic has knackered so far

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                Lunch: sausages in finger rolls. All fresh today, and very tasty

By the way, with the new battery the car started straight away despite not having been used for two weeks. So I think it must just have been the old battery failing to hold a charge due to lockdown-related deep discharge that's caused the problem, rather than a parasitic drain

That's two batteries this pandemic has knackered so far
                If you've got a way of getting mains electric to your car, this is the wasp's nipples:
                https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00FC42HAA/

And if you just want to keep the car topped up, plug this in and leave it on the dashboard when it's parked:
                https://www.amazon.co.uk/Powered-Bat...dp/B07P7C6QLD/
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                  Sheets out of WM2.

Sheets hung on washing line.

Mother****ing washing line breaks.

Sheets back in WM2.

You couldn't make this tulip up.

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                    Have you got the latest issue of Viz yet Fizzy Knickers?
                    I got it at Sainsbury's earlier

Comment

I appear to have finally wrestled some semblance of sense from the terrible permissions structure and formulated a plan that I intend to implement next week.

It took me over a week to analyse it all but I got there in the end and I still have some of my sanity left.

Just checking in with the other BA and then I'll be clocking off.

Comment

Working...
                      X