• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tea has been chicken in white wine casserole with chips and peas, and very nice it was

All accompanied by the latest episode of 24 Hours in A&E, which I shall now resume

Comment

Solved the go live issue a couple of hours ago. Have gone from being villain to hero in the space of 2 carefully worded emails.

TFBSZ
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Further viewing was another 24 Hours in A&E but one that isn't really, being a "Heart Special" and thus not actually all in the same twenty-four hours. Still interesting though

After that, Only Murders in the Building S1E2, Who Is Tim Kono? (TV Episode 2021) in which the plot thickens, as plots will

And finally the Air Crash Investigation into Crossair Flight 498, a Saab 340 which took off from Zurich and very shortly afterwards plummeted nose first into a field. I'm glad none of the Saab 340s that used to take me to and from Aberdeen in the late 1990s did that

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all
          A bit overcast out, but dry. Is it nearly the weekend?
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning.

Dry.

Blue sky in parts.

Hints of sun.

Chilly at 13.2 deg in here.

1022.5 mBar, 30.19 in Hg, 766.9 Torr, 14.83 psi, 65% RH.

Thursday.

My fine collection of rubbish and recycling departed hence earlier this morning.

Just had photos of The Lab: it's a total mess.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the sunshine, noting the advent of the next lot of litter that will require picking.

Idle barstewards, take your litter home, scum.

Lunch: lentil & ham soup with Morrisons wholemeal sunflower & spelt bread, bramble jelly sandwich on same, red corner yog (unpippy), 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Bab5 S3 E15 "Interludes & Examinations": commentary by Captain Sheriden, Mr Morden, Dr Franklin & Mr Garibaldi. Amusing enough.

Bits of TWAO: less amusing.

Freecell score: 86%, running average 84% (a bit better than yesterday's debacle).

Just perused the Electronics Engineering summer show thingie for Ye Newe Sloughe of Desponde (I'm bored) and discovered only one name I recognised, though there were a couple of young ladies on the course I'd have liked to get to know better.

Freecell score: running average on this box hit 84% briefly before dropping back to 83.89%.

Tea: the final portion of chilli con carne with rice, some peach slices, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Discovering Julie Andrews.

Quantum Leap S4 E20 "The curse of Ptah-Hotep": rather a good ep, quite enjoyable, or maybe I was more in the mood for it this evening.

Discovering William Hurt. I've seen a few of his films and there are others in assorted stacks of dvds.

Trucking Hell S5 E11. Ditto as for QL. But No Rory.

Bab5 S3 E17 "War without end Part two": More timey wimey type stuff, and Zathras.

Bab5 S3 E18 "Walkabout" (no sign of Jenny Agutter though). Another Vorlon arrives. Cunning way to kill Shadow ships.
            Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 10 February 2022, 23:32.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning denizens

Sunny out with white fluffy bits hither and yon; quite Simpsonesque really

Not as warm though, at 7°C with no more than 8° predicted for the afternoon despite more sun and less cloud being expected. Barometers are much of a muchness at 1013/1021mB

Comment

Afternoon all

It was cloudy when I got up this morning but seems to have brightened up since then. There was much rain overnight but dry today. Currently 8 degrees ('feels like' 6) and that's the high for the day. Barometer down a bit to 1023 mBar.

Busy morning, much afoot. But we did successfully go live with our third migration this morning.

The prep for the fourth one is ongoing as fathoming the permissions has been a nightmare. I'm nearly finished with the analysis but I reckon a later batch will be going live first.

Comment

Lunch has been a hotdog

It seems a bit breezy out and "feels like" 3°C. I think a scarf might be a useful addition to the walk, as and when I get around to undertaking it

Comment

Walk briskly walked, green ring closed

I added the extra leg via the rec today, though as I didn't need the detour via the pharmacy, I was able to take another way to return to the usual route at an earlier point. Still adds an extra mile or so though

And I ended up taking a break halfway through when my Mum phoned and told me my brother-in-law tested positive for Covid this morning

Apparently he hadn't been out anywhere since last Friday but started to feel a bit rough yesterday, and felt unwell enough today to do a test. That's five days from probable time of infection to symptomatic, which sounds pretty normal. BUT… yesterday, my parents had a guy coming round to possibly sell them a stairlift, and BIL came round to ask the guy the technical questions that they otherwise wouldn't have thought of; and despite feeling under the weather, he dismissed the idea of doing a test before coming round as unnecessary

So my parents have spent half a morning sat in their well-insulated living room with somebody who's got Covid, which means they've got a fair chance of having picked it up; they all wore masks, but I'm sure they must have been together for at least an hour and probably longer

Anyway, no use crying over spilled milk; just have to hope the vaccines do their thing now

Comment

A Dundee cake is in the oven

Takes quite a long time to bake, this one; I've got the oven on lower than when I first attempted it, as it was a bit overdone that time.

Comment

Working...
                      X