• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning denizens

Anther sunny start and fairly warm for February: currently 11°C, getting to 12° this afternoon though with a warning of "windy conditions" around the same time; barometers are down again at 1011/1019mB

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

Patiently awaiting details of the Disappearing Bus Shelter.
    A look on Street View confirms that it did exist, so now I just need to work out how and why it vanished

A couple around here were replaced recently with ones that have some kind of lawn planted on the roof, in one of the council's odder green schemes. But in both those cases it was very obvious that work was going on for a few days, with holes dug and cones in great abundance; whereas at the missing one, there's simply no sign it ever existed and no sign of ongoing work. Anyway, I'll check again when I go for a walk later

Comment

Be careful or you may find yourself in a parallel universe full of joy & sunlit uplands which has never heard tell of Bunter, the fat owl of the remove.

The disappointment would, of course, be palpable.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Bedding wash on

Comment

Today feels stressful, like I've forgotten something major.

And I've not done my Portuguese homework yet.

Comment

Lunch: zingy chicken, tomato and lentil soup, with multiseed bread

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
              Today feels stressful, like I've forgotten something major.

And I've not done my Portuguese homework yet.
              PTMD - post traumatic migration disorder

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                Bedding wash on
                Bedding wash done and draped over the clotheshorse

Comment

Walk briskly walked, green ring closed

Pretty mild afternoon out; sunny and around 13°C, and not much in the way of nasty breezes

Comment

Constant harassment by the GP's surgery - well, a text this morning and a missed call while I was on my walk. Yes, it's time for my annual blood tests and blood pressure check!

It's in a couple of weeks so that gives me plenty of time to become fit and healthy

Comment

Just read Maus for the first time, as idiots in the USA are trying to ban it from schools. It's very good

Comment

Working...
                      X