• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

The migration from hell is done! The errant files were repushed and we ended up with just one error that was created after the cut-off so not our problem.

Now onto the next one...

Comment

Cursory vacuuming has been accomplished. I even did a few of the dustier skirting boards too. Why do we have those? They're just dust collectors and an excuse for lazy plasterers to not do a proper job at the bottom of the wall.

Leaving for Heathrow in about 20 minutes.

Comment

Light snack: Cumberland sausages and smoked bacon on buttered sesame bloomer toast. Delicious

Comment

HWMBO has been successfully collected. Perfectly choreographed too. I was parking up as he exited arrivals and he was at my car by the time I'd paid for my ticket. £5.30 for less than 5 minutes parking!

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
            HWMBO has been successfully collected. Perfectly choreographed too. I was parking up as he exited arrivals and he was at my car by the time I'd paid for my ticket. £5.30 for less than 5 minutes parking!
            Yeh. I paid £5 for similar time when I picked up loony lady 1 at Gatwick recently.
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Currently figuring out least stressful way to go on a short holiday with loony lady 1 at IOW soon. Drive or train?
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
                Currently figuring out least stressful way to go on a short holiday with loony lady 1 at IOW soon. Drive or train?
                I'd go for the train.

Comment

Dinner was a selection of comestibles from Kappa, a Japanese-Korean restaurant on Earl's Court Road.

Ents is The Curse of Oak Island as I'm a few weeks behind.

Comment

Really nice tea of a roast beef dinner

The rain arrived, but has moved on for now. Very breezy too, though I don't think we'll get the worst of it

Comment

Telly whilst dining was a bit of Digging for Britain.

And then part three of Get Back. Brilliant stuff

Finally, as Disney+ suggested it, part one of McCartney 3,2,1: These Things Bring You Together (TV Episode 2021). This is a thing with Paul talking to record producer Rick Rubin about stuff, and I did wonder if it might turn out to be a bit lightweight, as these celebrity interview things can often be. But it's very interesting; rather than just talking, they do stuff like sit at a mixing desk playing Beatles tracks with different parts of the mix isolated so Paul can explain how various things came together, and so on. Worth a watch should you like the Beatles (though probably not if you don't)

Goodnight all

Comment

Working...
                      X