• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    Odd. Sunset but it's the sky to the east that looked pink. Think the sun's got it wrong again.

PS Quick Google, it's called The Belt of Venus
    I'm seeing the same thing here right now at the tail end of the sunset. Didn't know it had a name - cheers for that

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Annoyingly, the Amazon Locker delivery that I could have made a trivial detour for at the end arrived about five minutes after I got back in

But I need to sort out the recycling and trundle the bin forth, so I'll pop along and get it when I do that
      Recycling bagged and taken down, bin trundled forth, Amazon delivery collected

The last of these is the 50th Anniversary edition of King Crimson's In the Court of the Crimson King, comprising 3 CDs and an audio Blu-ray

Comment

Ents so far has been a couple of episodes of Digging for Britain.

Dinner was finishing up leftovers.

Bins prepped for trundling later.

Comment

Tea has been spag bol. Delicious

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          Ents so far has been a couple of episodes of Digging for Britain.
          Thanks for the reminder - I kept meaning to start on that and then forgetting

So S9E1 of that has been started whilst dining, and will now continue

Comment

TFBSZ
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

After Digging for Britain, I watched the second episode of Blå ögon, Tusen nålstick (TV Episode 2014). Still not sure about this one; it doesn't really have any kind of hook going for it

And then an Air Crash Investigation, in which we learn that packing a shedload of canisters that generate oxygen and heat into your cargo hold with a bunch of other flammable materials is a pretty effective way of ensuring that your DC-9 goes nose first into the Everglades at 700 knots

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all
                Clear blue skies, but FF.
                The pond has frozen over.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning all

Another blue sky morning. Currently -1 degrees with a high of 6 later. Cloud cover set to increase as the day progresses. Barometer up again to 1037 mBar.

Bins were trundled before bedtime and I see they have been moved to the communal dumping ground on the pavement.

First coffee being drunk while I contemplate what the day will bring - going to be a busy one as a delta data migration is happening this weekend with a go live on Sunday.

Comment

Morning.

Dry.

Grey.

Sunless.

Cold in here at 12.1 deg, the salting house has reached 0.6 deg so the washing frenzy is postponed.

1040 mBar, 30.7 in Hg, 780 Torr, 15.08 psi, 62% RH.

Friday.

Due to the low temperature in the salting house, this week's washing frenzy has yet to begin, though it's managed to crawl up to 2 deg in there now.

Lunch: poached tomato & scrambled egg on Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt toasted crust, bramble jelly and marmalade sandwiches on same, yellow corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Finally remembered "Who framed Colin Wallace" by Paul Foot.

It's been bouncing about in my head for days, following some stuff on the news.

Smalls in the WM (now it's reached 3 deg).

Smalls out of the WM and into the TD.

Shirts in the WM.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the rawness of the cold.

Rather grey & unpleasant out there.

Smalls out of the TD when it did the random number thing.

Shirts out of the WM and into the TD.

Cottons in the WM.

Shirts out of the TD.

Cottons out of the WM and into the TD.

Tea: Tesco breaded haddock, the last of the pear halves, a yog or two (past the BBE), 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Discovering Not on this evening.

Quantum Leap S4 E6 "Raped": like it says.

Did the iRoning during the above, worked as well as the R4 play does in the afternoon.

QL S4 E7 is a Monkey related ep.

NCIS LA S11 E15 "The circle".

More bollox on Bravo: Tesla's inventions: they're obsessed with induction motors for some reason.

The original Tesla car was shown & driven.

Mystery Quest: The rise of the 4th Reich. They haven't found Uncle Adolph's Bar & Cafe yet.

Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 21 January 2022, 22:37.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey day, but it'll be a bit warmer as a result: it's up to 3°C already from 2° about thirty minutes ago, and will soar to as much as 6° by lunchtime or early afternoon. The barometers continue high at 1031/1039mB

The bin has been popped out the back for, found to have been emptied, and been trundled back in

Comment

Working...
                      X