• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning denizens

Sunny out, though apparently it's going to cloud over soon. Currently quite mild at 7°C, with 8° due to arrive along with the clouds. Barometers: back up a bit at 1017/1-25mB

Comment

Lunch: sausage and bacon cob

Comment

Chicken soup is beginning to happen in the InstantPot™ but I haven't decided what kind. It'll be one with tomatoes and lentils, but the question is: zingy or herby?

Probably zingy; it's appropriate for the time of year

Comment

Back home. Unpacked. Laundry basket full.

HWMBO ordered dinner from a Philippino place which has just arrived.

Comment

Ents is Inside the Factory about chairs with a visit to Ercol and a look at wartime furniture

Comment

I did go for zingy soup in the end, and extremely nice it is, accompanied by a mixture of multiseed and wholemeal bread; so nice, in fact, that after guzzling one large bowl, I had another half-bowl of it

And I just portioned it out: six more good-sized bowlsworth to go in the freezer, after maturing in the fridge overnight

Comment

More apple tree pruning done.
                one tree pruned to the desired level. One had about 3m taken off the top of it and is down to about 6m high. And the one I started on yesterday has now had a bit more off it including the whips that were close to the bare electric cables.

the main chainsaw now needs sharpening, and I could do with several new joints.

TFBSZ
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

First on the box this evening was Meet the Chimps, making up for the lack of Monkey Life

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                  Ents is Inside the Factory about chairs with a visit to Ercol and a look at wartime furniture
                  Then the very same chair factory thing during and after dinner, followed by a couple of shortened versions of S4 episodes of The Repair Shop. And finally, Air Crash Investigation about the Air France A330 that left Brazil and disappeared over the Atlantic

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all

Cor it's chilly back in blighty! Clear sky, 1 degree with a max of 8 later. No rain forecast and the barometer is at 1035 mBar.

Just waiting for the coffee machine before I find out what my first day back at work will be like.

Comment

I wouldn't hold out much hope - as you seem to have missed a very obvious zentury post.
                      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                      X