• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Afternoon all!

Grey and damp here. It tried to snow for a bit earlier but just turned to sleet.

Thankfully I am now in a child free house for the day, so I can get some actual procrastination^Wwork done.

Comment

Wet & windy out, lentil soup for lunch.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
        Wet & windy out, lentil soup for lunch.
        Windy inside as well then?

Comment

Now on a ballsaching call where we're trying to show one of the engineers that his proposed change is going to fail tonight. It's only taken 40 minutes for him to stop talking over everyone and take the point.

Comment

Checking data syncs ahead of the final push for our second business unit next week. The bulk of the move was done before Christmas so there's only about 12 GB to move that comprises updates made since then. However, they're not supposed to be using the old system for setting up new projects but they are. Considering the team we migrated mid-December still use the old system, as old habits die hard, this is not surprising.

Comment

Wow, my accountant must be bored/quiet.
              Normally they want all the SATR stuff with them by end of September. The last couple of years I've done it myself - my finances are quite simple. Last time I got them to do it, I sent the info in September and the first they responded was on 29th January.
              They sent an email earlier today saying they'd not had my paperwork. Took me 30 mins to pull it together and send it to them. They've now sent me my completed return (but with a howling mistake where £42.20 became £4220), but it's almost done.
              First time in years that I've submitted before the last week.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

I do my SATR as soon as possible after tax year end. I don't like having things like that waiting around any longer than necessary.

I got antsy this year because my accountant took three months to do my year end accounts rather than their usual couple of week turnaround. They got everything within 2 weeks of my year ending.

Comment

I have a meeting in 8 minutes but...

Comment

It's worth aiming for the pali

Comment

And seeing if I can get all the required spamming done in time

Comment

Working...
                      X