• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Walk briskly walked, green ring closed

This being in wintry drizzle, which wasn't happening earlier when I would have gone for my walk if I hadn't been waiting for a parcel that DPD didn't even try to deliver

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post

Been teetotal for some years apart from an occasional small glass of wine or half a lager when out with somebody. Came back from my toothpaste inspection earlier to find a parcel behind the planter in my front garden. Big bottle of Limoncello from my son for my birthday. Just had three little glasses of it.

Aaagh! Drunk! Smelly knickers to you all!
      Cheers!

Comment

The lovely electrician has gone for the day having done most of the work needed. He's got to check the regulations this evening regarding the rules around washing machines in bathrooms as he's concerned that moving the switch isn't enough and something more drastic is needed.

Watching Dolly: The Sheep that Changed the World. A new documentary looking back at what lead to Dolly being created, featuring interviews with the scientists involved.

Comment

Raining.

It did rain a little bit earlier but it's now raining properly.

Comment

Tea: battered chunky haddock with chips and beans. Very tasty

The drizzle has managed to upgrade itself to persistent rain

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
              The lovely electrician has gone for the day having done most of the work needed. He's got to check the regulations this evening regarding the rules around washing machines in bathrooms as he's concerned that moving the switch isn't enough and something more drastic is needed.
              https://www2.theiet.org/forums/forum...hreadid=106270

Stick it in a box & don't cut the plug off appears to be the solution.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

https://www2.theiet.org/forums/forum...hreadid=106270

Stick it in a box & don't cut the plug off appears to be the solution.
                I wonder what vstrom1000 did to upset the moderator such that all their posts were deleted?

I think someone is going to have to fashion a cupboard for the washing machine, even though there is precious little room for one.

Comment

The rain persists quite persistently.

I, however, am heading for my beauty sleep ahead of the social event of the year!

Comment

Telly started with Forensics: The Real CSI S2E7, Killer in the Car Park. A pretty interesting one about a double murder, with CCTV, ANPR and all that kind of thing playing a major role in the investigation

And then S5E1 of Trucking Hell

There's a new episode up too, so I still have one in reserve

Another try at the early night thing now. Not sure how much I'll get done tomorrow though, as I'm off to That London in the afternoon for the CUK Xmas Do

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all

Blue hazy sky is back, after the plentiful rain overnight. Patio tiles are currently dry. It's 5 degrees ('feels like' 1) at the moment with a high of 7 later. Unlikely to rain any more today / this evening. Barometer down to 997 mBar.

Terrible night's sleep will probably be asleep in my gin and chips by 9pm.

Today's Kantar diary facts are:
                      US President Barak Obama accepts the Nobel Peace Prize in Oslo 2009

Rudyard Kipling receives the Nobel prize for literature, the first English-language writer to do so 1907

Comment

Working...
                      X