• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tea has been ribs and chips

Thinking more about the electrickery business, I realised that a number of the things I have plugged in in this room are disks containing data that I never look at, all of which are getting to be of an age when it might be sensible to anticipate failure anyway. So I think I should probably consolidate their stuff on an 8TB disk (one of which I bought a few months ago and haven't even unboxed yet) and thereby greatly reduce the number of individual plugs running off the limited number of sockets in here

Comment

More TV catchings up this evening. Have I Got a Bit More News For You, Inside Central Station, MasterChef and a bit of Who Do You Think You Are but I can't relate to that Suggs chap (not the one from Madness) so I turned it off.

As I am going to be home alone on Christmas Day and Boxing Day I thought I'd take a look at what restaurant kits were around for a nicer dinner than I could rustle up. Sadly it seems there are much fewer than last year but with the way things are going, I'd hope some would consider a plan B...

Comment

Telly was the rest of Police Interceptors whilst dining, and then The Repair Shop

I discovered to my great sadness that this means I'm now all caught up with the latter. I'd seen it on the BBC1 schedule for the last couple of days when looking at something else on iPlayer, but it turns out they're just showing repeats of the early episodes of S7, which I've watched within the last few weeks. Here's hoping they either resume S8 soon (as that's only got up to ten episodes so far versus the forty of S7), or they repeat some more older ones. Otherwise I'll be stuck with Air Crash Investigation and suchlike

The rain that had been predicted for tonight hasn't been any more than occasional light drizzle here, at least so far

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all

Coming back in from walking The DogTW saw a lovely sunrise.
          There's been overnight rain but it's clearing up to be a good day.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning.

Damp.

Dank.

Something shat outside the back door again.

Sunless though signs of brightness.

14.5 deg in here.

1001 mBar, in Hg, Torr, 63% RH.

Wednesday.

The funeral of a chap I worked with 30 odd years ago is at 10:30.

I last met him in Halfords about 20 some years ago.

I'm not attending.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the sunshine. The rain began as I returned home.

Lunch: scrambled egg and poached tomato on that stale oak & barley toast, bramble jelly sandwich on same x2 (to get rid), a red corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: various portions of the Oz customs thing, the NZ Highway Patrol thing, the NZ Border patrtol thing, depending on which bit I'd seen before & didn't want to see again.

Bit of the Oz thing seem to me to recur in various episodes, specifically in general, the Czech chap who doesn't wash & the SA chap smugling coke in some statues.

Booster jab letter: 9th Dec in Glynneath FFS at 15:45. It'll be dark up there at that time of day. Actually it's dark up there at any time of day now I think about it.

Pissing with rain again, so I think I'll go & count resistors in the front room junk assembly again.

I really don't understand quite why I bought all that stuff, it's never going to get used.

Tea: chicken in white sauce, peas & rice, some tinned pears, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Discovering Claudette Colbert.

Joy of Painting: the :zzzz; was strong in this ep:

Quantum Leap S2 E?: "Maybe baby" the one with the baby kidnapping.

Thing about St.Fagan's museum.

NCIS LA S10 E6 "Asesinos".

"My feet are killing me"
            Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 1 December 2021, 21:34.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning denizens

Rather grey day out there today, and not as warm as yesterday at 7°C (now and maximum)

Drizzle, if not rain, is likely off and on throughout the day, and the barometers are sharply down at 988/996mB

Bit chilly in here too: 18.1° in the living room, 17.5° in the bedroom. Could be worse though

And I had a considerably better night's sleep than the night before

Comment

Morning all

Overcast and a few spits of rain on the patio tiles when I got up. Now the sky has mostly cleared. Currently 9 degrees ('feels like' 7) and that's the best the day will muster. Rain expected this afternoon. Barometer down to 998 mBar.

Didn't want to get up this morning. Managed to get myself at my desk in time for the 0900 stand up (which I do sitting down, of course).

Today's Kantar diary facts are:
                Third and final Hobbit film 'Battle of the Five Armies' premiers in London 2014

The first 'World AIDS Day' takes place 1988

Comment

Finally got around to responding to the letter inviting me to participate in a clinical trial of a new cholesterol-lowering drug that I received at the start of November. The mooted time had been given to somebody else by now, but they had a slot an hour later; so next Tuesday lunchtime I shall be up at Glenfield for the initial assessment and stabbing, unless they find in the interim that the records show my cholesterol isn't high enough

And my usual prescription had bumped up against its review date, which I kept forgetting about, so I phoned the surgery. Doesn't sound like I'll have to go in to see anybody this time; I think they'll just push it through on the nod.

So that's two things I've been meaning to do sorted out. Will this frenzied outburst of organisational skill continue? Probably not

Comment

And while I was on the phone sorting those things out, Royal Mail were at the door attempting to deliver a parcel. So now I'll have to go to the delivery office tomorrow to collect it instead

Also in the post: letters addressed in handwriting (blue fountain pen) to each of the flats, without people's names. Mine turned out to be a circular from the Jehovah's Witnesses

I'm now wondering if the other flats' ones are also from them, or if it's some kind of lucky dip thing whereby various proselytising sects compete to win a resident for Christmas: ground floor front gets a thing from the Mormons, ground floor back the Elim Pentecostal Church, JW for me, and so on

Comment

Brisk walk up to the post office to drop off a parcel. Turns out, when you buy postage off the Royal Mail website, you have to select 'Post Office' rather than 'Royal Mail' somewhere in the process as it makes it really difficult for the PO to accept the parcel. Why does it have to be so complicated?

Then nipped into Waitrose to pick up some lunch (chicken teriyaki from the sushi counter). Looked for Haddock fish fingers, but there were none. Remembered to get bread, forgot to look for yum yums.

Comment

Working...
                      X