• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning denizens

Sunny out this morning

Not warm with it though: 3°C at the moment, with 6° possible later. Barometers down a bit more at 1010/1018mB; and the rain is scheduled to arrive in the early hours and persist through tomorrow morning, and maybe into the afternoon

Comment

Shopping done

I managed to summon up enough enthusiasm to get myself moving while the weather's still clear, rather than leaving it until tomorrow and having to head out in the rain

Comment

Lunch: Scotch broth with multiseed bread

The former from the freezer, because that left enough space for the rest of the chicken soup I made the other day; the latter from a loaf I purchased earlier, so nice and fresh. The rest of the loaf has also been sliced and is now also in the freezer

Comment

Walk briskly walked, green ring closed

Still quite sunny but cold out

Comment

Breakfast - Bacon, eggs & mushrooms - yep its naughty but reduced quantity and little oil.
            Lunch - Koftas + Quinoa washed down with iced tea -no added sugar.

dinner TBD

Ents last night was NCIS - reassuring.

Today second interview for possible new job, final one next week. My take this one or just shut down for training over XMAS.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Bedding wash on

Comment

Bedding wash done and draped over the clotheshorse

Comment

Terrible traffic outside. Upon investigating, I discovered that they're doing the football with some Polish visitors in half-an-hour or so

Comment

Tea: shepherd's pie. Really nice

I made the filling last night and put it in the dish, then left it in the fridge overnight. As hoped, this both allowed the flavours to develop, and made it much easier to layer the mash on top. Definitely doing it that way again (and the same for cottage pie, of course)

Comment

No bids on the Le Creuset yet.
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X