• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Fire on the side road!
    And now a 52-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of arson with intent to endanger life

Comment

Me, 2 months ago: You'll need $150k+ for the first phase, based on my experience (recorded in the meeting notes and emails)
      PM, today: It appears we've now spent the approved $50k for the first phase and will need more funding to complete it.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Scotch broth and multiseed bread for lunch

Brightened up some more out, but it looks a little breezy too

Comment

No proper lunch today had as we're out for a bazillion course tasting menu this evening.

So I had a bowl of bran flakes around 1130 and have just had a cup of coffee and a couple of dark chocolate digestives for an afternoon snack.

Comment

Walk briskly walked, green ring closed

The sunset was quite good, with clumps of layered cloud being lit up all red and orange from beneath to give it a dramatic feel

Police tape still across the door of the hotel and there was a fire engine parked a few doors up. I daresay that's just them popping back to check there aren't any lingering hotspots or whatever

Comment

Oh, and on the way out I took the recycling down and trundled forth the bin against the morrow

Having spotted a general waste bin already put out on the street that had some space left, I just got the bag from the kitchen bin and carted that out too. It smelled absolutely rank, because I haven't done it in a few weeks

I've realised that with so much going in the recycling nowadays, I don't actually need a big (35 litre) kitchen bin any more. So when I get around to buying a replacement (the pedal mechanism still being broken beyond repair) I think I'll get a smaller bin. That way I can cart out what little general waste I do generate once a week or so, and not end up with a badly-maintained compost heap in a bag standing in the corner of the room where I cook

Comment

Tea has been a roast chicken dinner, which was very nice indeed

The chicken wasn't really big, but big enough to be going along with - about 3½lb

Comment

Watched a bit of the new episode of Police Interceptors with dinner

And then the latest episode of Surgeons, which is a repair shop of sorts I suppose

And earlier, I got to March in Sam Pepys' diary for 1665

Early to bed now so I can be up betimes (as Sam would put it) for bin day tomorrow.

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all

TFIF, etc
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning all

Overcast! But still dry. Currently 12 degrees with a high of 13 expected. The sun might poke through the cloud on occasion. Barometer up a touch to 1030 mBar.

Dinner last night was lovely! If anyone watched MasterChef a couple of years back they might remember a Nepalese chef call Santosh Shah who sadly didn't win. However, he's still doing very well and has a pop up within Cinnamon Kitchen in Devonshire Square serving a 15/16 course tasting menu on a few selected evenings. He's hoping to get his own restaurant next year and is using the pop up to test the food.

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
                      Amazon begins selling the 'Kindle', an electronic reading device 2007

Comment

Working...
                      X