• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Stone me there were some horrors on the 1972 top ten, including dear old Gary of Glitter fame who received a very very brief mention before it passed onwards.

Morning.

Damp.

Grey.

Sunless.

Warmer at 15.4 deg in here.

1025 mBar,30.27 in Hg, 768.8 Torr, 67% RH.

Saturday.

Flu jab jabbed.

Walk (unabbreviated & anticlockwise) walked in the damp miserable drizzle.

In other news, the container of "lentil soup" extracted from the freezer turns out to be cooked apple, which is fine: I see before me a future containing much stewed apple & custard for sweet.

Lunch: a container of Heinz lentil soup contained lentil soup, with Morrisons wholemeal sunflower & spelt bread, bramble jelly sandwich on same, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: UFO Nonsense on Blaze, during which I completely zonked out

UFOs: Secret Missions Explored: bases on the moon: no mention as yet of Ladies with Purple Hair.

Some minor post potching in the tinshed and the garage revealed a reasonably fresh dead rat in the tinshed which went for a swim, and a hole in the polycarb part of the garage roof that got itself fixed with a temporary patch of tape before I do the job properly when the rain holds off for a while.

Entertainment: UFOs: the White House files: the Truth is in there but they're not telling.

Whilst it was a little drizzly this morning, the sun came out about noon, decided it was a bad idea, went back in & the drizzle has proceeded to return with remarkably vigour & enthusiasm.

Tea: spag with more of the even more fiery bol after a week's sojourn in the freezer, very nice, a yog, some fruit cocktail, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Scotland Yard, this one graced by a Wolseley 6/90 (rather than the earlier 6/80), plus Jill Ireland and Carol Ann Ford (this last without her alien grandfather).

"Men of Sherwood Forest (1954)" with no one I've ever heard of.

Other than Leornard Sachs. Who, it transpires, is who I thought he was, in "The Good Old Days" which ran for 31 years.

Endless bollox about UFOs on Blaze.

Apparently UFOs invented the microwave oven & the transistor & "we" stole their ideas.

Some other non UFO bollox on something else.

Thing about Stuxnet on BBC4 which wasn't entirely bollux which came as a bit of a shock.
      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 7 November 2021, 09:03.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Dull, overcast, windy, wet. Currently 11 degrees with a high of 13 later. Rain expected off and on all day.

Today's fact, not from the Kantar diary, is:
        First performance by punk band The Sex Pistols at St Martins College, London 1975
        Last edited by ladymuck; 6 November 2021, 10:42.

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Grey sort of day out, and it seems a bit breezy too

Mild for the time of year, though, I suppose: currently 13°C, but the barometers are down at 1010/1018mB. And rain is anticipated shortly, possibly continuing into the evening

Comment

Late lunch/afternoon tea earlier was a roast beef on sesame bloomer sandwich

Comment

Long chopping session in the kitchen, dealing with the remains of the shoulder of lamb and assorted vegetables. The shoulder was so big that I've decided to make both Scotch broth and scouse. I'll start the stock in the slow cooker overnight with the bones and veg, then tomorrow I'll divide it up; the slow cooker can continue with the soup, while the InstantPot makes the stew

But that meant chopping up a lot more veg than usual, to ensure the stock is really flavourful and can bear being diluted a bit more tomorrow.

Comment

In the other Chinese

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  In the other Chinese
                  And very nice too

There's a broken-down bus at the stop over the road near the knocking shop. It was there when I went out to the Chinese, and it's still there now, guarded by an Arriva van with its orange beacon flashing. Maybe they're waiting for Crouch Recovery to turn up and tow it away

Comment

Crouch Recovery low loader has just arrived!

Unfortunately there's a small tree in Iceland's car park partly blocking my view, so I can't tell if it's Marta

Comment

Tip of the day: bouncing a post basher off your face is not a good idea.
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X