• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.

Reply to: test please delete

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "test please delete"

Collapse

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    Very odd. A Russian shoe website is selling a number of my crappy cartoons for $28.27.

https://cheap-sale.outletsale2022.ru...0%200.00&id=12
    "This design is very elegant, good quality." High praise indeed!

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Very odd. A Russian shoe website is selling a number of my crappy cartoons for $28.27.

https://cheap-sale.outletsale2022.ru...0%200.00&id=12

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    I managed to take an early lunch break and get to Sainsbury's, so the shopping has been done

Spotted several people with masks as I was leaving, but the overwhelming majority were spreading their filthy diseases

Lunch was, as last week, a couple of sweet chilli chicken thighs from the lukewarm food counter

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

What you want is some site where you put in the serial number and it tells you when your exact model was built, and in which factory (if the manufacturer had multiple).
    Exactly. Proper Track & Trace.

I have access to systems for pharma/med products that do it, but it was more for the things that you know you have had for a long time, but wonder how long.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    NickFitz I might have one for your MLFTB - I don't have the answer, but I do have the question:
    Where can I find out the age of my old electrical devices?

I was drilling a hole earlier (on mute during a Teams meeting) when I realised the box for my B&D KD462A needed taping up again. Which made me think... how old is my faithful electric drill?
    I'm guessing it's late 1990s, but is there a website that will give you the date a product was launched?
    What you want is some site where you put in the serial number and it tells you when your exact model was built, and in which factory (if the manufacturer had multiple).

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    NickFitz I might have one for your MLFTB - I don't have the answer, but I do have the question:
    Where can I find out the age of my old electrical devices?

I was drilling a hole earlier (on mute during a Teams meeting) when I realised the box for my B&D KD462A needed taping up again. Which made me think... how old is my faithful electric drill?
    I'm guessing it's late 1990s, but is there a website that will give you the date a product was launched?

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    This morning's washing was duly dried when I went to check on it so that's been brought in before the sun bleaches it.

Am now going to strip the bed and wash all that.

A ciabatta roll has been baked. Maybe I'll remember to put a filling in it and eat it before 4pm today
    Bed stripped and load #1 is in the WM.

Lunch eaten - the roll was filled with brie and tomato.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    33oC outside

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    This morning's washing was duly dried when I went to check on it so that's been brought in before the sun bleaches it.

Am now going to strip the bed and wash all that.

A ciabatta roll has been baked. Maybe I'll remember to put a filling in it and eat it before 4pm today

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    Today's annoyance a Ubuntu box that has lost the link to the .net library that both exists on it and was working yesterday...
    Turns out it's not me - it's a Microsoft screw up....

Link posted here so I can find it later (when it's fixable)..

.net - dotnet sdk is installed but not recognized - Linux Ubuntu/popOS 22.04 - Stack Overflow

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    Om.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Today's annoyance a Ubuntu box that has lost the link to the .net library that both exists on it and was working yesterday...

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Morning all
    Electricity went off yesterday afternoon and only came back on at midnight. Spent most of the evening lying on a swing bed in the garden watching the Perseids and took a few photos of the supermoon (shared on other social channels)

CBS, etc, another hot one today.

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Om.

Morning.

Sunny.

Dry.

Warmish in here at 22.4 deg.

CBS.

1014.5 mBar, 29.958 in Hg, 760.937577 Torr, 14.714 psi, (untapped last night), 70% RH.

Friday.

Shirts in the WM.

Order of works is changed this week in an experiment.

Which posting has returned me to 26th November 2018 wherein I was referring to the slowness of some film called "Thunder Run" of which I have no recall whatsoever, whilst NF was watching "Alien (1979)" specifically not the Director's Cut.

In addition it was Very Wet, with the Esteemed Customers opting not to bother walking down to Ye Newe Sloughe of Desponde in Ye Docks which was extremely sensible.

What sort of idiot thinks that's a good place to put a university? Oh. Curly. That idiot.

Shirts out of the WM & drying On The Line.

Cottons in the WM.

Cottons out of the WM.

Shirts in off the line & roughly iRoned.

Cottons drying on the line.

Smalls in the WM.

Smalls out of the WM.

Smalls hanging on the line, including the ragged ones.

Lunch: scrambled egg and poached tomato on Morrisons oat & barley toast, bramble jelly & marmalade sanwiches, a non corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: was R4 programme which I found distasteful so it went click.

Thing about Warner Brothers on Sky Arts.

A film which is listed in the EPG as Monte Walsh (2003) but which appears to be McKenna's Gold.

It starts with a song over the credits which is Never A Good Sign. . Ah, yes, Gregory Peck has just appeared so Monte Walsh it ain't.

Towels in off the line resembling sandpaper, pillow cases iRoned.

Bedsheets in the WM since it's drying so well.

Bedsheets out of the WM & drying on the line.

Smalls & remaining towels airing over the banisters.

Bedsheets off the line and airing over the banisters.

Tea: breaded haddock, some pear halves, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Salvage something or other: Rover P6 2200SC resto: nice job.

Wheeler Dealers S11 E5 Maserati 3200 whatever that is: overcomplicated. What's wrong with a bowden cable? Bah fecking humbug.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; Today, 18:08.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied

Morning all

Clear blue sky. Currently 22 degrees with a high of 32 expected. Barometer down to 1019 mBar.

Was rudely woken at 0530 by a bin lorry servicing the school over the road (aren't they shut for holidays? ). Managed to doze off but woke again at 0700. Decided to get up as I have much to do today and maybe doing it while it's not so hot is a good thing. Put a load in the WM, which I hear is just going onto its spin cycle - that'll be dry by lunchtime, I suspect.

Disturbed sleep, some coughing, some mulling over stuff.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X