• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    In the Chinese
    Very nice too

It's dark out when I go there again now

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Having been reminded of it, I thought it meet tonight to rewatch Spotlight (2015), and it really is an excellent film

And then I rewatched Passengers, which I know I've watched very recently and very recently before that and so ad infinitum, but I like the SFX so there

Goodnight all
      Ah Passengers with Tony Blair as the barman - great film though if they had stopped and thought they would done a bit better.

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Tonight's world cinema premiere was (and I'm relying in IMDb for this, and it ought to be in whatever kind of ideograms they use there, but it isn't, so who knows what the truth is?) Gongdong gyeongbi guyeok JSA or Joint Security Area. it's about an incident in the North/South Korea DMZ, and quite interesting overall.

And then a couple of rewatches, but I'll cover them tomorrow because I really should get to sleep now.

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning.

Dry.

CBS.

Chilly at 19.4 deg in here.

1023 mBar, 30.2 in Hg, 71% RH.

Dry, CBS, and a BH: no good will come of this.

Shopping trip to Tesco & Morrisons done, dusted, washed, dried, sanitised, and put away.

The chicken is aroasting.

Lunch: roast chicken with sausage & bacon, a red corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Which turned out rather well, the bacon being crunchified, and even remembered the roasties & roast onion before eating the rest of it.

Walk walked to the res & back.

A lady was litter picking on the way up the hill, a bin bag full in half a mile.

Entertainment: Am Dro: repeat: the one with the rather well covered cardiffian who seemed to think a 2.5 mile walk in Gower was long.

She was even less impressed with the clamber up a hill in mid Wales.

Nice garden prog. It hasn't inspired me to follow in their footsteps.

Tea: Ginsters vegan Moroccan pasty, Heinz tomato soup with a hint chilli with some slightly blue Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt bread, bramble jelly on a somewhat bluer slice of same, a red corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Some race or other with Mini coopers on ITV4.

UFO nonsense on Blaze. The truth is out here.

Vera.
          Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 29 August 2021, 17:19.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Afternoon all

Sunny and dry out. Currently 18 degrees with a high of 20 later. Barometer steady at 1025 mBar.

Had a lovely lunch and pub crawl around Richmond yesterday. Got rather drunk and was in bed by 9.30pm. Somewhat hungover this morning but I'm starting to feel a bit more human now.

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
            'Netflix' is founded as a subscription-based film and TV streaming service 1997

Comment

My coffee machine has been complaining about a need for descaling for the past couple of days so I'm getting that done. This will probably be the only productive thing I do all day. I did make a coffee before I started the cleaning cycle cos it takes a while.

Comment

After the cleaning cycle ended, I also elected to clean the inside of the machine and workings that are accessible.

A slice of toast and a fresh cup of coffee was had as my reward.

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Back to the usual greyness out after yesterday's aberrant sunshine

It's 17°C at the moment, though it might rise to 19° later if the weather app is to be believed; no rain is predicted, to the disgruntlement of the trees. Barometers are much the same at 1019/1026mB. And Monkey Life has reset to S1E1, having reached the end of S12 last week

Meanwhile in ravaging plague news, I have been pinged by the NHS Covid app, which advises me that I have been in close proximity to a diseased individual

Damned if I know how or when; it must have been in the past few days but before last night's trip to the Chinese, and I haven't been anywhere other than out for a walk. Maybe it was some pedestrian I passed. Or perhaps someone at the surgery next door; I heard them moving around in the room next to my living room, which generally doesn't seem to be used much, towards the end of the week, and my desk seat is close to the wall so Bluetooth could make it through even though viruses can't. Anyway, I'm going to book a PCR test. At least it gets me out of the house… oh wait, that was probably the source of the problem in the first place

Thanks to recent ill-advised changes to the rules I don't have to isolate. I shall probably treat this "advice" with the respect it deserves, i.e. none

Luckily this will result in no change whatsoever to my lifestyle, other than precluding me from going for a walk. There's always the exercise bike, and repeats of that factory programme to watch while I'm on it

Comment

Hunting around in the Covid app, I eventually found the data about the alert; it's hidden away under Settings > Other data. Apparently my "Encounter date" was yesterday, which suggests either somebody at the Chinese, or somebody on the street as I went there and back.

But it seems a bit unlikely that I "encountered" somebody around 9pm last night and they not only got tested but also got their results between then and this morning, when the first alert arrived. Also, I got a second alert not long after I got up, which suggests two "encounters".

I'm thinking it could be the couple upstairs; if they got tested together and were both positive, it would explain the two alerts, as I daresay Bluetooth would get through the ceiling/floor and I also ran into them in the hall a few days ago

So much for anonymising the data

Comment

Nice fry-up had

Comment

Working...
                      X