• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dinner was cod & fishcake from Miss V2 evening job. I returned the favour and got her some Heck cocktail sausages entitled "Banging Bites" Banging being one of her favourite descriptions for something good. that Song / food / drink "was Banging" - I think she is mine but sometimes...

One agent promised me feedback today (I had expected an answer Tuesday as promised) but guess what? Not on my agent of the year award list..

Not really looking but massive pay rises are difficult to turn down.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Having been reminded of it, I thought it meet tonight to rewatch Spotlight (2015), and it really is an excellent film

And then I rewatched Passengers, which I know I've watched very recently and very recently before that and so ad infinitum, but I like the SFX so there

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning.

Dry.

Sunny.

Blue sky.

Chilly at 19.7 deg in here.

1023 mBar, 30.2 in Hg, 71% RH.

Saturday.

It's a bank holiday weekend too, but at least it's chilly so the weather isn't completely borked.

Walk walked. Quite chilly in parts.

Lunch: Heinz pea & ham soup with Morrisons wholemeal sunflower & spelt bread, bramble jelly sandwich on crust of same, a red corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Freecell score: 81%, running average 84%, really not in the zone today, wish I hadn't bothered.

Had an ex colleague pop around for a chat this afternoon, which made a pleasant change.

Tea: too much spag (quick cook) with too little bol, some peach slices, a yog or two, and 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: nothing much: Nazi hunters for a while.

The Eagles Concert (Hotel California, this being the only one of theirs that I know).

Freecell score: 85%, running average 84% (84.12%).

It's getting dark pretty early now, before long it'll be dark at 20:00, which was teabreak time in 3M all those years ago, which would indicate that lo! summer is over and winter is on its merry way.

That part of the factory has been rented out for yonks, since mag tape manufacture stopped about 25 years ago or more, when, despite the automation, it still wasn't profitable.

Apparently there are only two suppliers of professional audio tape now.

Even Imation, the recording materials division of 3M that was hived off, is no more.

I remember playing frisbies with 8" floppy diskette back in the 70s.
        Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 28 August 2021, 21:00.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Blue sky with bits of fluff and something of a breeze I see. Currently 16 degrees with a high of 19, maybe 20. Slight chance of rain around lunchtime. Barometer up to 1025 mBar.

Off to meet a friend for lunch in Richmond today. A good catch up and at least one bottle of wine will be had.

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
          Henry Hudson arrives to explore 'Delaware Bay' on the north-east coast of America 1609

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
            Today's Kantar diary fact is:
            Henry Hudson arrives to explore 'Delaware Bay' on the north-east coast of America 1609
            IIRC that's discussed in the current book I'm reading: "Nathaniel's nutmeg".
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Pretty sunny out, with a number of white fluffy pages to make the place look scenic. Very mild too; currently 20°C, and planning to remain that way until this evening. Barometers up a bit at 1019/1027mB. It all seems a bit off for a Bank Holiday weekend; maybe it's trying to draw people out then surprise them with a tempest

Comment

Out for a solitary Saturday walk soon. Loony lady 1 is off to visit her sister in... erm, some Northern place somewhere.
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Afternoon snack to keep me going: a bacon butty, made with wholemeal bread, just for a change. Very tasty

Comment

Still no email about Zooming tomorrow. Maybe they've realised that ruining the Bank Holiday weekend by sticking an early start in the middle of it is a bad thing? Not getting my hopes up just yet though…

Comment

In the Chinese

Comment

Working...
                      X