• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In the Chinese

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      In the Chinese
      Very nice too. Seems to be settling in under new management now. The soup was good

And whilst dining I watched a repeat of some bodycam show, which turned out to include police dealing with a domestic dispute in the street outside the FMB Bar of blessed memory

Quite amusing to watch them corralling this rowing couple outside the florists next door and trying to calm them down, while I was quite possibly propping up the bar just out of shot to the right

Comment

First major motion picture of tonight was The Net (1995), which I first watched on the telly some time around the era when we all mocked it for featuring an obviously wrong IP address. Now we're past that, I reckon it's not that bad; update some of the technical stuff to reflect current trends in ransomware and it's pretty much there

Then a major motion picture premiere, to wit, Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016) which was very good indeed as these things go

And I really should have gone to bed then, but something possessed me that compelled me to rewatch Constantine (2005); and how could I resist?

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning.

Dry.

Grey.

Sunless.

Cool at 20.4 deg in here.

1007.5 mBar, 29.75 in Hg, 64% RH.

The silent wireless informs me it must be Sunday.

Shopping trip to Tesco & Morrisons done, dusted, washed, dried, sanitised & put away.

A chunk of lamb is roasting.

Lunch: roast lamb, tinned pear halves, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Today's loaf of Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt has been divided into three parts, a bit like the whole of Gaul, and two of these have been consigned to the freezer, in a no doubt futile attempt to reduce the blueness quotient towards the end of the week.

Never tried it before, we shall await results with innerest.

"Am Dro" is on this afternoon at 15:25, so the walk had better be quick.

Walk (abbreviated version) walked in the sunshine and cool breeze.

Entertainment: Am Dro: Rhossili Bay with a view of Worms Head, Clydach Vale. north Wales quarries Croesor, Moel Famau, Flint.

Followed by something about Welsh castle gardens.

Tea: Ginsters vegan Moroccan unMoroccan Quorn fake meat pasty, meh, spiced up with some chilli, Heinz tomato soup with a hint of chilli plus some Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt bread, bramble jelly sandwich on crust of same, a red pippy corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Freecell score: 79%, running average 84%.

Definitely not in the zone tonight.

Entertainment: The Repair Shop: Wurlitzer jukebox, full of them valve things.

Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 1 August 2021, 21:17.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

It's sort of bright but dull, due to the cloud cover. Showers off and on all morning so far. Currently 18 degrees and 19 will be the high. More showers expected this evening. Barometer up a smidge to 1010 mBar.

Productive morning, hence the delay in my morning weather report. Bed stripped and the first load is nearing completion. Year end accounts and VAT return done. Looked at a week in Grenada and have convinced HWMBO that it's a good idea

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
            The 'Protection of Wild Mammals (Scotland) Act' commences, effectively making foxhunting in Scotland illegal 2002

Comment

I have discovered that a plaster (paper cut that keeps opening up, caused by a cardboard box) on my right index finger really messes up my ability to type.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                And I really should have gone to bed then, but something possessed me that compelled me to rewatch Constantine (2005); and how could I resist?
                That and Leon are my two all-time favourite films. I may have to watch both this afternoon

Comment

Cold and yet here. The day we've friends around for a bbq. meh
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Rather cloudy out today but with gaps allowing a glimmer through here and there; 18°C at the moment which is as good as it gets, 1003/1011mB on the barometers, which is up a little

It's a big Monkey Life day today, for as well as three hours of repeats this afternoon, this evening at seven there's an hour of the new series covering the events of 2020

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

That and Leon are my two all-time favourite films. I may have to watch both this afternoon
                      Good choices, Ronin is one I would recommend if you like those. Legion is not terrible if you can get past Paul Bettany being the hard man.

Try the Prime series Constantine its closer to the graphic novel.
                      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                      X