• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let's see what the reaction of the industry is going to be to what I've spent the last 6 months working on.

First demo (to someone very senior) is at 9am this morning.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
      Let's see what the reaction of the industry is going to be to what I've spent the last 6 months working on.

Exciting!

Comment

Walk briskly walked, green ring closed

A recycling technician sent ahead was just getting their bins in a row ready for the wagon as I was heading out. He even got the ones that have been out-the-back but not on-the-street for ages, so somebody must have complained to the council about them not doing that

Anyway, by the time I got back the recycling bin - well, a recycling bin - was ready for the inbound trundle, so that's that done too

Comment

Morning all

Dull and windy out but dry at present. Currently 16 degrees with a high of 18 expected. Rain forecast for most of the day and may clear up this evening. Barometer down to 1003 mBar.

I thought I'd slept quite well but I'm tired again this morning. Hopefully my mojo will come back after the weekend.

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
          After 42 years, 'Top of the Pops' is broadcast for the last time on BBC Two 2006

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
            I'd take the beer soaked bread, toast it and then and make croutons with it.
            It's not dry yet despite having been out overnight, but I was thinking of various possibilities and that might be a good one. Might pop it in the oven for a bit then see how it goes from there

Comment

Give 'em hell! Or maybe give 'em what they want; might be a better strategy

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

It's not dry yet despite having been out overnight, but I was thinking of various possibilities and that might be a good one. Might pop it in the oven for a bit then see how it goes from there
                It used to be a thing that you could 'refresh' bread by wetting it and the popping it in the oven. Never found it to be all that successful but it might work for your loaf?

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

It used to be a thing that you could 'refresh' bread by wetting it and the popping it in the oven. Never found it to be all that successful but it might work for your loaf?
                  Not sure "wetting" is what it lacks, given that it's absorbed around a pint of Bishop's Finger though its base

I started thinking about slicing it in the x-z plane, in case there are undamaged strata at the top

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

Not sure "wetting" is what it lacks, given that it's absorbed around a pint of Bishop's Finger though its base

I started thinking about slicing it in the x-z plane, in case there are undamaged strata at the top
                    I didn't mean wet it any more Just that your thoughts about putting it in the oven to dry it out reminded me of that.

I think I need more coffee

Comment

Go EEK!

The questions will probably be "can I have it in green?"
                      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                      X