• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning denizens

I seem to have neglected to wish TPD goodnight last night. Sorry; I was quite tired, and decided to get a nice early night in vague hopes of getting my walk in this morning, before it gets too hot

Today is starting out sunny, with a kind of high haze that isn't doing much to filter it out. Currently 16°C with a performance target of 27°

Barometers unsurprisingly up at 1019/1027mB

Comment

Morning all

Blue sky, no fluff. Currently 16 degrees with a forecast high of 26 later. No sign of any cloud happening today. Barometer up to 1025 mBar.

Managed to squeeze everyone into my flat. Minor issue with not having the right type of adapter for a new air bed I got in so HWMBO had to blow it up with good old fashioned lung power. The other air bed, that I borrowed from the parentals, didn't come with the stopper! I managed to fashion something using an adapter and some bluetac and it stayed up nicely.

Bins were trundled and have been collected (aka moved to the pile on the street).

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
      Scientists announce the discovery of 12 new moons orbiting Jupiter bringing the planet's moon total to 79, 2018

Comment

Walk briskly walked in the comparatively cool morning sun, green ring closed

I made a detour via the barber gentlemen's hairdresser to see if I could get an appointment for next week, as for some reason the haircut I had in April is wearing out. Turns out they're not doing appointments any more after the 19th, which seems short-sighted but there we are; I have to just walk up there and, if needs be, wait. They will still ask one to wear a mask, which is better than nothing I suppose

Heat of the day is already up to 18°C, a rise of 2° in about forty-five minutes

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          Walk briskly walked in the comparatively cool morning sun, green ring closed

I made a detour via the barber gentlemen's hairdresser to see if I could get an appointment for next week, as for some reason the haircut I had in April is wearing out. Turns out they're not doing appointments any more after the 19th, which seems short-sighted but there we are; I have to just walk up there and, if needs be, wait. They will still ask one to wear a mask, which is better than nothing I suppose

Heat of the day is already up to 18°C, a rise of 2° in about forty-five minutes
          Oh, and the recycling bins had been done by the time I got back, so that's been inwardly trundled

Comment

Morning.

Dry.

Sunny.

Hot.

CBS.

22 deg in here.

1023 mbar, 30.2 in Hg, 70% RH.

Friday.

The weather's borked again.

Miserable night's sleep with much unbidden wakefulness.

Smalls in WM1.

Sheets in WM2.

Smalls out of WM1 and into TD.

Shirts in WM1.

Walk walked. A horsefly/clegg nearly got me, the bitch.

Smalls out of TD.

Shirts out of WM1 and into TD.

Cottons into WM1.

Shirts out of TD.

Cottons out of WM1 and into TD.

Sheet out of WM1 and sheets out of WM2 and hanging on the line.

Lunch: Heinz lentil and bacon soup with Morrisons non blue wholemeal sunflower and spelt bread, bramble jelly sandwich on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed bread, yellow corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Engineering Disasters S3 E2: Bronx gas explosion, Fukushima reactor problems, open air stage collapse, what happens when you hit a truck with a railway locomotive: nothing particularly good, and exactly the same thing happened less than a year later.

So they cut down all the trees that were obstructing the truck driver's view of the railway tracks.

Slow learners.

Next: what happens when you give the Harrier to the USM: ooorah followed by Oh tulip!.

Bits of Abandoned Engineering conflating an 1835 Somerset canal with a defence line in the 1940s for no readily discernible reason.

"Secrets of our DNA" on PBS: all about inneresting things people have discovered when they've taken DNA tests (is your 3rd cousin twice removed a serial killer? sort of thing, and Daddy really isn't Daddy at all).

Tea: Tesco breaded cod (or was it haddock?), stewed gooseberries & custard (very nice), a yog (getting close to BBE), 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Discovering Judy Dench.

Oh, and following their sojourn on the washing line, the sheets graced the TD for the usual random timings.

The bed has been remade with a new mattress protector I'd forgotten I'd bought (assuming that I bought it rather than Strangelove Mater before her demise).

Entertainment: That Michael Ball thing about Wales: Harlech Castle and Portmerion.

I notice that there's an opportunity to watch Yet Another of those dire Bruce Willis epics this evening, to whit: "Reprisal (2018)", 4.6 on imdb.

Apparently it was made in 14 days, with Mr Willis deigning to attend for one of those.

Thing about Eric Clapton on BBC4.

Not a bundle of larfs.

Just watched the ISS pass overhead.
            Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 16 July 2021, 21:53.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

HMWBO has taken the kids out for the day leaving me to slave away working.

It's nice and cool in my office and baking outside so I think I have the better deal.

Comment

Bedding wash on

Comment

A random assortment of towels is in the WM.

Lunch has been leftovers from yesterday's takeaway (Korean-Japanese fusion).

Comment

Lunch has been a couple of southern not-fried chicken thighs (cold) that I remembered to take out of the freezer last night

Comment

Right, that's me done for the day, and the week

It felt like quite a productive one, all in all

Comment

Working...
                      X