• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lunch has been the promised bowl of ham, pea and lentil soup with wholemeal bread. The soup's turned out very tasty

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      ladymuck How long are you over in Portugal? Looks like you won't have to quarantine when you return if you can stay there until the 19th

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-57763173
      Sadly we're back on Saturday. That's good news though as I thought that wasn't coming in until August

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Sadly we're back on Saturday. That's good news though as I thought that wasn't coming in until August
        Good news until a new omicron variant is brought in by some returning holidaymaker and decimates us

Comment

Walk briskly walked in the sweltering 22°C heat, all rings closed

I just checked as I thought I might have closed the blue ring before I set out, but no, it was definitely during the walk

Comment

And the recycling bin was trundled as I was on my way out

Comment

Tea: southern not-fried chicken and chips with lashings of ketchup

Accompanied by an episode of Trucking Hell

And as I'm fairly knackered and it's Friday tomorrow, I'm going to get an early night so I can make an early start so I can knock off at a reasonably early time. If I'm up early enough, I might even get my walk out of the way first thing

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

One of those days where the cloud is quite thin making it sunny enough, but it seems to be getting a bit cloudier fairly quickly; in fact, it's gone from sunny to dull in the last ten minutes. Chance of rain in the afternoon and evening is 30%-60% at various times. Currently 16°C and possibly going to reach 21° in the afternoon; barometers up a little at 1013/1021mB

Comment

Morning all

More of that sunshine and blue sky type stuff. Currently 18 degrees with a high of 26 this afternoon.

We will be doing tests to be allowed back into the UK this morning. Then filling in our passenger locator form with all the tests we have to do once we get back. I'll be pleased when all this nonsense ends. Shopping has been ordered to keep us fed while in captivity quarantine.

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
                  US coffee company 'Starbucks' announces it will stop using plastic straws 2018

Comment

Walk briskly walked in the blistering 18°C heat beneath a baking sun, though there's a nice light breeze so it's quite pleasant out there really; green ring closed

And having seen bin lorries at every turn (well, several) in the surrounding neighbourhood, I checked the recycling bin as I was getting back and it had been emptied; so that's been trundled back in

So that's two fewer things I have to do today, allowing me to concentrate on other matters such as getting some quite interesting work done and, later, cooking dinner

Comment

Morning.

Grey.

Overcast.

Sunless.

Damp.

Dank.

Dreary.

Sunless.

20.6 deg in here.

1018 mBar, 30.06 in Hg, 68% RH.

Friday.

The washing frenzy is ongoingly ongoing.

Smalls in the WM.

Smalls out of the WM & into the TD.

Shirts in the WM.

Smalls out of the TD.

Shirts out of the WM and into the TD.

Cottons in the WM on shirts setting bumped to 60 deg.

Abbreviated walk walked.

Shirts out of the TD, whereupon I found The Missing Sock.

Lunch: poached tomato and scrambled egg on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed toast (crust), blackcurrant jam sandwich on same, non corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Cottons out of the WM and into the TD.

Cottons out of the TD and airing on the banisters.

Shirts roughly iRoned and airing on the picture rail of the back bedroom.

Entertainment: The Repair Shop x2 on Quest.

Freecell score: 93%, running average 84% (84.005%).

Tea: Tesco breaded cod, some stewed gooseberries and custard, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Discovering Charles Laughton.

Tudur Owen's TV flashback is on but I've seen it before.

Michael Ball's wonderful Wales (who?): vaguely amusing.

Searching for Secrets: Berlin: lots of secrets in this one.

Who knew it was built on a swamp?

Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 9 July 2021, 22:03.
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X