• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all

Glorious sunshine this morning. Blue sky with lumps of fluff. Currently 19 degrees with a high of 25 later. We're off to Oporto this morning where it's going to be 19 degrees and sunny.

Doing the usual waiting for breakfast to arrive, after which we'll finish packing and head off to the train station.

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
    The first 'Live Earth' benefit concert is held in eleven locations around the world 2007

Comment

Broadband's down

It's an area-wide thing, so Virgin will probably get it sorted out pretty quickly. In the meantime, I'm having to tether to my phone. Good job I got a new one

Comment

Late for lunch because of faffing about with Internet problems, so I just had a quick bowl of chicken, tomato and lentil soup and wholemeal bread

Internet is still down. I'm waiting for a DHL delivery - a replacement Apple Pencil (1st gen) for the mighty iPad Pro (also 1st gen), as the existing one's battery died after I hadn't used it for several years, and it costs almost as much for a "repair" (actually a refurbished one, I believe) as just getting a new one

And in the kitchen, what will become ham, pea and lentil soup has been simmering away in the slow cooker since this morning

Comment

Broadband is back

Delivery is delivered

Soup is still becoming

Comment

Thunder!

Quite a lot of rain too

Comment

Sunny again

Comment

We have arrived in Oporto and are sat outside a bar alongside the river, drinking Porto Tonico and watching the world go by.

It's 21 degrees and sunny and there's not a cloud to be seen.

Comment

Raining again, heavily and persistently

Apparently it'll stop for a bit about seven so the walk has been postponed until then, or until it stops and the weather app gives the all clear for long enough, whichever is sooner

Comment

Sainsbury's order done

It's still raining. Might just grab the hooded coat and go out anyway

Comment

The rain finally stopped at getting on for half-seven, so: walk briskly walked (in the hooded coat just in case), green and red rings closed, which - with the blue ring that was closed a little while before I set out - completes the set for today

The streets are very quiet at the moment, which I assume is something to do with football. As I recall, the small number of other pedestrians I saw were all women, and there's very few cars about even back here on the main road

Comment

Working...
                      X