• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all

Beautiful blue sky with bits of fluff this morning. Dry. Currently 17 degrees with a high of 22 later. There may be rain overnight but the chance is currently low. Barometer down a touch to 1016 mBar.

Just necking a coffee before I head off to the hairdresser. They're still not allowed to serve drinks in the salon.

Today's Kantar diary 'fact' is:
    According to legend, 'The Pied Piper' lures away 130 children on Hamelin 1284

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
      "Terminator: Dark Fate (2019)" with that Arnold Swartzenegger, Linda Hamilton, and assorted others.

It was very good.
      Oh how grateful I was that it wasn't a dark turgid boring pile o'tulipe like BR 2049 was.

One can only wonder what the great auteur o'tulipe will do to Dune.

Morning.

My barber has never served drinks.

Don't even get the "anything for the weekend, Sir?" these days.

Dry.

White sky.

Wanly sunny.

20.1 deg C in here again.

1004 mBar, 29.65 in Hg, 66% RH.

Saturday judging by the crap emitted by the wireless.

Walk walked.

Another early purple orchid spotted, hiding its loveliness under a leaf.

Freecell score in the tedium of Saturday afternoon: 85%, running average 84% (83.96%).

Definitely not in the zone today.

Not helped by one of the games being a difficult one that required multiple attempts to get it out.

Tea: spag with another portion of that fiery bol from a couple of weeks ago, some peach slices, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Rather a large quantity of spag since my portion control tends to be somewhat random.

Sun's out but there's big black clouds out there too, with more to come tomorrow judging by the weather prognostications.

Entertainment: the remainder of the extras on the Terminator: Dark Fate bluray, after which I'll find sommat else.

Which turned out to be "Bad Santa 2 (2016)" which was very funny.

Freecell score: 89%, running average 84% (83.96%).

TFBSDrS
      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 26 June 2021, 22:36.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Another grey day, though it's suggested that some sunshine might break through later in the afternoon. Currently 16°C and possibly soaring to 19° later, but no rain envisaged; the barometers are marginally up at 1012/1020mB

There's an Antipodean Zoom call tomorrow, so it'll be an earlyish night tonight

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
          "Terminator: Dark Fate (2019)" with that Arnold Swartzenegger, Linda Hamilton, and assorted others.

It was very good.
          Yes, it's a cracking film that

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            There's an Antipodean Zoom call tomorrow, so it'll be an earlyish night tonight
            Turns out the Antipodeans are going out tomorrow night (which is, of course, tomorrow morning in the real world) so the call is a bit later than usual at 11am. Still rather early for a Sunday though

But I suppose when a country has competent leadership that manages to bring it fairly safely through a pandemic, rather than being run by a bunch of lying, cheating crooks out to feather their own nests, it's inevitable that people will go out to a nice restaurant for dinner with friends without risk of catching a potentially deadly disease. Thank God we don't face the same levels of safety and casual pleasure here

Comment

Trip to the hairdresser all done. She had kindly nipped to the coffee shop next door and bought me a coffee. Sadly it was far too hot and of a 'modern' style that I don't like very much. I prefer your trad European style blends you get all over Spain/Italy/Portugal. Probably France too but I don't go there.

Stopped off at Balans on the High Street for a bite to eat. It was quite busy - reduced covers to allow people sufficient space. The manager was expressing some vexation at people who had booked but not turned up as he was having to turn away lots of walk ins (I got very lucky with my timing).

Even though I didn't eat a huge amount, I was terribly bloated afterwards and had to change out of jeans into something more forgiving when I got home.

Comment

Smoked sausage sandwich for a late lunch

Comment

Returned to the high street later in the afternoon to pick up the final pair of shoes from the menders. It would seem the approach the chap was going to take on Weds didn't work out and he resoled them.

Phoned the parentals to see if we're still on for me to visit tomorrow. Dad had put his back out the other week and had some major dentistry going on this week so it was a bit touch and go whether he'd be in the mood for company. With the visit confirmed, I baked a Victoria Sponge to take down.

In doing the baking, I missed the Tour de France highlights show and now have to wait for the ITV4 random number generator to reset and publish the show on catchup. Watching the wimminz race 'La Course' to kill the time.

Comment

In the Chinese

Comment

My hunch of 'about an hour' was right and am now watching the TdF highlights that aired at 7pm.

Comment

Working...
                      X