• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning denizens

Very sunny start here, already up to 11°C and clambering towards 19°, with the barometers definitely up a bit at 1009/1017mB

Apparently it's likely to cloud over by lunchtime but no actual rain is forecast, for a change

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

Have they mentioned the Ark of the Covenant, Marie Antoinette's Jewels, Shakespeare's plays, or the Knights Templar yet?

No mention of Marie Antoinette yet.

Yesterday was about draining the swamp and some nutty Norwegian (is there another kind?) claiming that some rocks were lying in the formation of a tree of life and under the Mercy stone (conveniently in the swamp) is the Golden Menorah from the Temple of Solomon. Much excitement over a metal detector making woo woo noises in the expected general area. Mercy being the key clue because it's mentioned at the end of The Tempest and ole 'Bill littered his plays with Oak Island clues at the behest of Francis Bacon.

Comment

Morning all

Blue sky again, hurray! Dry also. Currently 14 degrees with a forecast high of 19. No rain expected. Barometer has lept up to 1019 mBar.

My SharePoint list doings have been so impressive that the BA who hated my work is now asking for my help... No good deed goes unpunished.

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
        The 'Golden Gate Bridge' opens to pedestrian traffic in California 1937

Comment

Morning.

Dry.

CBS (from what I can see through the gap in the curtains).

Sunny.

Colder at 16.7 deg in here.

1018 mBar, in Hg, 60% RH.

Thursday.

I think that jab is doing the jab thing.

<hiatus>

Still

<hiatus>

Walk walked.

Now as stiff as a board and not in a good way.

Definitely Simpsonsesque out there at the moment, with a remarkable number of chemtrails visible.

Lunch: Lentil & Ham soup with Morrisons wholemeal sunfloewer and spelt bread, bramble jelly on same, red corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: "A night to remember (1958)" without the unmitigated bollocks of the later version.

Trucking Hell S2 E19 wherein a crashed tanker full of H2S04 is recovered and Rory recovers a tractor unit written off by a vengeful pigeon.

Rory was in a philosophical mood & revealed that he's a Radio 4 listener.

Tea: chilli con carne (two more portions of the lamb mince left after this) with rice, a yog, the last of the tinned pears, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Discovering Ernest Borgnine on Sky Arts.

The Freddy Mercury Tribute Concert for Aids awareness 1992 on Sky Arts.

Trucking Hell S4 E7: No Rory.

Pink Floyd: Delicate Sound of Thunder vid: not my favourite so it's switched off.
          Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 28 May 2021, 08:39.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

In a meeting to map out the work for the next part of the project

Comment

It's quite nice out. I can see it from my basement window

A tomato plant has arrived, so that's been given a good watering and is out on my patio to 'acclimatise' until the weekend when I'll put it in a proper pot.

Comment

Delightful call from 'Sky Technical Department'.

Some waffle about my internet not doing something.

I asked him why Sky were interested in my internet when I am not a Sky customer and received more unintelligible waffle.

I then said, I work for Sky in Customer Services, where do you work? This is not the sort of call we make. We do not phone people who are not our customers to offer them help.

He ignores me and waffles on about checking my internet.

I interrupt and say, I work for Sky. I am a Director. Who is your manager?

The git hung up on me. How rude.

Comment

Lunch was Scotch broth with wholemeal bread

And having just this morning electronically signed the contract for the extension to 9th July, I've just been told an extension until the end of August has been approved!

Definitely getting myself a new iPhone now

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

And having just this morning electronically signed the contract for the extension to 9th July, I've just been told an extension until the end of August has been approved!

Why? I'm waiting for the 13 series as there is nowt wrong with my XS max...

I think phones are moving towards a 3 or even 4 year upgrade cycle rather than the 18 month one even 5 years ago.

oh and have a
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

Comment

Working...
                      X