• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vetran View Post
    oh and red wine!
    century!
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

century!
      oh and a safety post in case someone deletes if that is still a thing.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

oh and red wine!

Comment

Yep Before the Pandemic (BtP) I went to Pinewood to view 9 out of 10 cats be recorded it was great fun. Jimmy Carr does swear like a trooper off camera and the panel were very explicit on the out takes.
          "F*** off Dara" was the phrase of the evening, which lead to a lot of retakes to get 'clean' applause and other comments.

Lots and lots of very blue comments and discussion about how the Irish famine was also known as the Keto diet, with the Irish being really ripped as a result. I bet that doesn't make it in!

Comment

Morning all

It was damp and overcast this morning but has brightened up a lot since with the blue sky/fluffy cloud combo currently on show. It's 14 degrees at the moment with a high of 16 later. A bit more rain expected early evening. Barometer up to 1015 mBar.

Busy morning, having to quickly do some prep for a meeting coming up. I had done the work previously but, in experimenting with the joys of SharePoint online and it demanding you use Power Apps just to add an image to a list form, the work I'd done was broken so I had to do it again. Of course, in the redoing, it was done better than the first iteration

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
            Marilyn Monroe performs her rendition of 'Happy Birthday' to J. F. Kennedy at his 45th birthday party 1962

Comment

Sprint planning was largely ignored as I was busy trying to sort out something that was making most of my tests fail, but they're all OK now - it was just a case of ensuring the test client is pretending to be a user that has the correct permissions to access various URLs, now I've applied that requirement to the views

And I paid enough attention to be able to grab a couple of things I particularly want to do, one of them being the fairly minor task of sorting out the URLs. They're all over the shop at the moment; some expect a trailing slash, others don't, and the names for the variable components in the URL patterns vary wildly. They've been annoying me for ages, so it'll be nice to impose some kind of order on them

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                Sprint planning was largely ignored as I was busy trying to sort out something that was making most of my tests fail, but they're all OK now - it was just a case of ensuring the test client is pretending to be a user that has the correct permissions to access various URLs, now I've applied that requirement to the views

And I paid enough attention to be able to grab a couple of things I particularly want to do, one of them being the fairly minor task of sorting out the URLs. They're all over the shop at the moment; some expect a trailing slash, others don't, and the names for the variable components in the URL patterns vary wildly. They've been annoying me for ages, so it'll be nice to impose some kind of order on them
                It may be a minor task but I suspect it ends up being way bigger than you thought once you start working on it.
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Lunch is a couple of Waitrose No1 Outdoor Bred Pork Sausage Rolls (bred not reared, I notice).

Our project is "going rogue" and creating its own site for communicating with the users we need to get information from because to tell the whole company at the same time that they've got six months to assess and move their data will cause mass panic. Instead, we're allowed to cause localised panic with a more scattergun approach to asking for the information we need in order to devise a migration strategy.

Comment

Lunch has been chicken and barley soup with wholemeal bread

It just clouded over and there was a moderately heavy shower, but now it's brightening up again

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

It may be a minor task but I suspect it ends up being way bigger than you thought once you start working on it.
                      Shouldn't be too bad - Django has a very effective system for handling URLs. The main problem is that not everybody on the project was using it to start with due to unfamiliarity, so there's some places where they were stringing them together by concatenating strings and slashes

But the thing isn't very big so far and all those bits are easy to track down, which is why I'd like to get it sorted out now

Comment

Working...
                      X