• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weighing up whether to wear the warm coat for my walk. Apparently it's 15°C with a "feels like" of 14°, so I don't think it will be necessary

Comment

Ents is watching Mock the Week being live recorded to be aired later this week. I'm one of the zoom trolls too ugly to be selected for being shown on TV

Comment

Walk briskly walked, green and red rings closed

Very pleasant out, and definitely no need for the warm coat

Comment

I ordered a book off Amazon at 10:55 this morning. Just got a text telling me it's been delivered to the Locker

Comment

Cooked a chilli con carne tonight (Hairy Bikers' recipe). Very good. Strangely Mrs NAT complain it was too hot - she normally can handle far more spice than me. It didn't stop her having a second helping.

Watched Louis Theroux on Joe Exotic. I managed to get through two episodes of Tiger King before giving up, disgusted with the way the producers were so obviously making a narrative (I've an allergy to conspiracy theories). Louis' documentary on the other hand is very worth watching - still, watch out for the narrative setting!

...and so to bed.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
              Ents is watching Mock the Week being live recorded to be aired later this week. I'm one of the zoom trolls too ugly to be selected for being shown on TV
              It was very entertaining indeed. Three hours to record a half hour show. Much will be left on the cutting room floor.

Comment

Tea has been late due to disorganisation, but was very nice indeed once I finally got it all together: roast beef dinner, exceedingly tasty

It was all going quite well until I took the joint out to rest, at which point I remembered I was out of Yorkshire puds, mainly because there isn't room for them in the freezer at the moment

So I thought, why not try making my own. This is one of those culinary arts I've only rarely tried, but I hoiked out my phone, Googled a recipe, mentally adjusted the quantities, and in the end judged it pretty much by eye. And you know what? They came out really nice; two big ones for want of the appropriate-sized tin for small ones, and twice as much as needed because of getting the quantities wrong, but I'll squeeze the spare one into the freezer somehow. I must make my own more often, because I was impressed at how nice it tasted

But obviously having to do all that delayed things a bit. Still, it meant the joint had plenty of time to rest.

The beef was very thinly sliced on the electric slicer and there's loads left for sandwiches; looks like I'll be living off alternate lunches of roast beef and roast pork sarnies for the foreseeable future

Comment

Tonight's telly was an episode of Police Interceptors for a change

Another early night now. It's sprint planning tomorrow. Can't wait

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

A sunny start with patches of hazy high cloud here and there today, currently 9°C and heading for 14°C, barometer up a bit at 1005/1013mB, with a chance of thunderstorms early afternoon; though that's what they said yesterday

Comment

Morning.

Dry. (At the moment).

Sunny. (ditto).

White sky shading into grey across the valley. There's tidy then.

Warmish at 18.3 deg in here.

1017 mBar, 30.03 in Hg, 58% RH.

Wednesday.

<hiatus>

Walk walked.

The sunshine is quite strong.

Defrosting the fridge.

Lunch: poached tomato and scrambled egg on Morrisons sunflower & pumpkin seed crust toast, bramble jelly sandwich on same, red corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Fridge still defrosting.

Should be done by midnight.

Oh fecking good, there's stuff going on on the party wall. :

Just to wake me up, like.

Tea: the last of the faggots with peas, some tinned pears, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Fridge defrosted & everything put back, it seems to be taking its sweet time chilling back down.

Three lawns mown.

Entertainment: Dr Pimplepopper: a chap with a 9 lb lipoma on his shoulder, a chap with zits on his chest, and a chap with a lymphoma on his back that she found a surgeon who removed it for free.

Detonators: a building with post tensioned floors in septicland, and a more conventional tower block in Brum.

I did think of watching the thing on BBC4 about cars and Coventry but couldn't be arsed.
                      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 19 May 2021, 22:22.
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X