• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning.

Not currently precipitating.

Sun's out.

Grey black sky across the valley boyo, there's tidy then.

Warmish at 17.7 deg in here.

998 mBar, 29.47 in Hg, 57% RH.

Saturday, which I discovered when I switched on the wireless at 06:15 to find Claire Balding rather than the Today prog.

<hiatus>

Walk walked.

And just like the forecast said, it rained. A lot.

Lunch: Heinz lentil <pffft> soup with Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt bread, bramble jelly sandwich on same, red corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Freecell score: 91%, running average 84% (83.849%).

<hiatus>

Tea: more of that lamb mince bol with some spag (meh), a few slices of tinned peach, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: dunno.

"Quatermass and the Pit (1967)": always good to see some evil Martians.

I wonder how they feel about being bombarded with junk from Earth so regularly.

"Total Recall (2012)" without that Arnie chap but with Colin Farrell.

It was amusing enough, a bluray that cost me £1 and has the extended director's cut on it too.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 15 May 2021, 22:29.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

It's bright of sorts, cloudy, dry. Currently 11 degrees with a high of 13 later. 50% chance of rain from 1600. Barometer down to 1001 mBar.

As I'm heading home soon the forecast for London is rain, all day by the looks of it. Currently 11 degrees, may squeak up to 14.

I checked the vaccination booking site this morning and discovered appointments available for the middle of June so I've booked iny second jab in for the 18th. I'll be fully dosed up three weeks earlier than I thought.

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
      Jeff Koons' 'Rabbit' sculpture sells at auction for a record US $91.1 million, the highest amount for work by a living artist 2019

Comment

Glasgow airport is empty! Nothing open, just three flights on the board.

Comment

Morning denizens

A grey damp day here, currently 11°C but rising to 12° later - though only with the arrival of more rain; barometers down to 989/996mB

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
            Glasgow airport is empty! Nothing open, just three flights on the board.
            Throughout this pandemic I've wished I had a legitimate excuse to go to places like that; I like seeing places that are normally really busy when they're deserted

Of course one used to just wait for Sunday, until they changed the law and let the shops open. On the few occasions I went into town in the early days of lockdown, it reminded me of what it used to be like there around Sunday teatime back in the 1980s

Comment

Lovely sunny afternoon in London as I trundle home on the tube. Clear signs of rain having been about and watching the rain / no rain areas while coming in to land was fun.

Comment

Roast pork butty on sesame bloomer for late lunch

Got to use up the huge amount of sliced roast pork in the freezer some time

Comment

Cold wet. Pro Palestinian demo in town. Loads of police. I'm not sure if it's an authorised demo. They tend to clamp down hard on unauthorised demos round here. Coming back from the gym, had to walk home as the tram wasn't running. Someone had inadvertantly "parked" their car on the tracks. (I.e. took the corner too fast, came off the road and landed on the tracks - I hope no one was hurt. Car was crumpled, but cockpit looked sound).

Late lunch of hot dogs with onions, mustard, ketchup and Ticinobrot. Currently watching John Vegas on C4, drinking beer and eating incredibly flavoursome massively salty dried anchovies. Needs chilli.

In an hour or so, we'll have cheese and salami and stuff. And port. Should be doing the company tax return... but can't be arsed. Next weekend maybe.
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

There was a Pro Palestinian demo here too. They like to hang around the Isreali embassy up by Ken Palace so the police get a bit antsy.

Literally as I walked in the door, the phone rang. Waitrose informing me my shopping delivery could be late due to an ongoing protest #W8problems

In other home news, my office PC is dead. Lights on but no starty. This is a disappointment due to the distinct lack of decent kit being available these days.

In more domesticated home news, the bed has been stripped and things are in the WM. This was a chore I didn't do before I went away due to lack of time.

Comment

If you not quite tech savvy enough, and you know what the motherboards is (or is it a complete package from HP or Dell or whatever), then post in technical. I've found threatening it with an axe is surprisingly effective.

Turns out the anchovies were made by my wife yesterday while I was working. She says it was almost burning and the whole house was full of smoke. I was completely oblivious... though I did wonder why all the doors and windows are open. But she's menopausal, so maybe she felt a bit warm...?

But my word, they were good. She's going to work chilli into the recipe, and maybe try it with whitebait as well. We did about 20 years ago consume a bottle of icedhomemade chilli vodka with deep fried whitebait. Very tasty. Now watching a snowplough being rescued on BBC2. Later we'll watch the French film, the Climb, again.

Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                      X