• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
    Gosh. This explains a lot:

https://www.vulture.com/article/rand...tt-movies.html

I have a depressingly large number of their dvds.

Though I have learned to avoid anything with Bruce Willis in it unless it's 25p.
    I saw that recently. It certainly explains all those films with Bruce Willis featured prominently on the cover art but which turn out to have him in there for approximately two minutes, somewhere off in the distance with his back to the camera

Comment

^^^ There's something strangely satisfying about a walk at that time of day.

Quite odd really.
      Yes, it was quite pleasant. Not sure it'll be enough to make me start getting up early every day, but I might try to do it more often

The Three "R"s: https://www.thegoodlifecentre.co.uk/...f-hand-skills/

Reading, Wrighting, and Wroughting.
      Good article

Comment

I see Backtrace gets a mention; my review from 2019

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        Tonight's movie mayhem was courtesy of Backtrace (2018) which wasn't that bad, actually. The plot isn't excessively preposterous (though it is fairly so) and the pacing is OK. There's some serious overacting in parts, which is a bit distracting. And the ending seemed a little unlikely, but then again, the entire premise is more than a little unlikely. Basically, it's hokum and has a few decent gunfights, so if you're in the mood for something along those lines, it helps pass ninety minutes

Comment

Morning Afternoon all

Grey and dull, damp but no active precipitation. Currently 10 degrees ('feels like' 8) with a forecast high of 14. The sun may poke through here and there although there's a 50% chance of rain around 4 / 5 pm. Barometer up to 1011 mBar.

Busy morning. Meetings for the most part where I contributed next to nothing. Gave me chance to eat my Crunchy Nut Cornflakes.

Further to the above: an early morning walk is really nice but, like NF, getting up early for it on a regular basis is something I've not achieved. Considering NF goes to bed at 0530 perhaps he should do his early morning walk as a pre-bed time one instead

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
          Victor Vescovo makes his record breaking deepest dive ever to the bottom of the 'Mariana Trench' 10,927 m / 35,849 ft 2019

Comment

Lunch has been a frankfurter in a white bap; not a hot dog because it was the wrong shape, but functionally equivalent

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
              Further to the above: an early morning walk is really nice but, like NF, getting up early for it on a regular basis is something I've not achieved. Considering NF goes to bed at 0530 perhaps he should do his early morning walk as a pre-bed time one instead
              That's at weekends though, when I often don't bother going for a walk at all

Comment

Lunch was Scotch Pie with tatties and other vegetables.

Waiting on a reply to something and then I'll be clocking off for the week.

Comment

Just popped out the back to trundle forth the recycling bin and ensure the Corolla's tyres were ready for my planned trip to Sainsbury's. Trundling was accomplished with dash and verve, and the tyre that slowly loses air was reinflated to the desired pressure

But… it's raining steadily and heavily and, according to the weather app, will continue to do so for at least a couple more hours

So the Sainsbury's trip will probably be postponed until tomorrow. I might go down there in the day. I could get lunch from the tepid food counter; haven't done that in a while

Comment

Much chores have been done, once I finished that working malarkey, and now HWMBO and I are relaxing with a cocktail as it is World Cocktail Day.

Dinner is the remains of the duck from the other day.

Comment

merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                      X