• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another busy day

Though in an unprecedented feat of organisation, I found time between the morning standup and the meeting that followed close on its heels to put a bedding wash on. That was draped over the clotheshorse once done and is now dry, so I may change the bed later or perhaps leave it to tomorrow

And I've just remembered I was planning to go to Sainsbury's this evening. Might go for a much-needed walk first, then head off there

Comment

Oh, and I remembered to trundle the recycling bin at lunchtime

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
        Tonight, finally, I get my birthday promise. Yes you're right. She's cooking me Bánh cuốn. Authentic, since she's of the part of the world. It was supposed to happen yesterday, but she decided to cook octopus... boy was it good.

I'm spoiled.

I'm on holiday now. I go back to work Wednesday. We're off to Lauterbrunnen - staying in a self catering Swiss Chalet. First holiday alone for two years.
        Sounds wonderful! Have a fab break!

Comment

Walk briskly walked, green ring and red ring both closed

Bit chillier than last night out there, still with a bit of a breeze, so I wore my warm coat. And then about a third of the way in it rained a bit, so I even put the hood up. But it was just a passing shower

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Sounds wonderful! Have a fab break!
            WlmS

Comment

Not bothering with Sainsbury's tonight as dinner will take a while to cook, whereas tomorrow's dinner can be done quickly, so it makes more sense to go then

Comment

Ah dinner. Yes. Hmm...

Only three more sleeps and I will be up in Scotlandshire with someone else doing that thinking for me.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                  Ah dinner. Yes. Hmm...

Only three more sleeps and I will be up in Scotlandshire with someone else doing that thinking for me.
                  Weird to see people travelling about like in the Before Times

Comment

Tea has been a roast lamb dinner, and very nice it was

Only a half-shoulder due to Sainsbury's being odd and not selling whole shoulders at the moment, but still enough left for a few bowls of Scotch broth

Comment

Trucking Hell during dinner featured birthday boy Rory rescuing a vandalised tractor unit from a yard just up the road from the Pantherella sock factory over Saffron Lane way that featured in that programme abut how socks are made

And then I read another chapter of When Money Died

Friday tomorrow! And apparently it's a Bank Holiday on Monday too

Goodnight all

Comment

Working...
                      X