• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all

Cloudy but dry out. Currently 9 degrees with a high of 13 expected. Rain forecast off and on all day today. Barometer down with 1006 mBar.

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
    Howard C. Rossin receives patent for an overcoat for two people or Siamese twins 1953

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
      What have I done.

TFBSDrS
      You did us a great service by sharing your viewing habits.

I'm almost tempted by Oak Island nutjobs but I fear that your commentary won't be matched by the actual show.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

You did us a great service by sharing your viewing habits.

I'm almost tempted by Oak Island nutjobs but I fear that your commentary won't be matched by the actual show.
        Seven years of total madness, what's not to like, though I started watching it sometime in S4 IIRC when I found a segment about some insane person about to dive 100 feet or more down a steel pipe full of murky water.

One might add that there's a very similar programme with many of the same chaps "The Mystery of the Civil War Gold" or somesuch nonsense wherein they're searching for lost gold in one of the great lakes or whatever.

I don't watch that since there's no mention of the Knights that say Ni!, William Shakespeare, The Ark of the Coventant, The Holy Grail, or Marie Antoinette's jewels.

Morning.

Dry, though it rained a very little overnight.

Grey with white sky.

Sunless.

Cold. 17.4 in here & it's quite unpleasant out there.

Windy.

1006 mBar, 29.7 in Hg, 54% RH.

Managed to sleep until 08:10 this morning which is somewhat better than 06:10.

Wednesday.

<hiatus>

Walk walked in the perishing cold and very light sprinkling of rain.

Not so polleny, though polleny enough to be going on with.

<hiatus>

Freecell score: 100%, running average: 84% (83.81%).

Lunch, it being Wednesday, like: poached tomato and scrambled egg on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed toast, bramble jelly sandwich on same, red corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: 25 minutes of "Discovering Barbara Stanwyck" on Sky Arts.

Followed by "Ten Wanted Men (1955)" with that Randolph Scott chap doing his stone face impression opposite Richard Boone.

Which was amusing enough & I hadn't seen it before.

Trucking Hell S1 E8 wherein Rory struts his stuff and Marta loads a drowned caterpillar tracked digger onto her low loader.

Tea: the last of the roast chicken with carrots & onions, some tinned peaches, a yog x 2, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Dr Pimplepopper: more pustulent goodness one hopes.

Trichoepithelioma. Surgical excision followed by More Power to the Laser, Igor.

Dear deity, that's got to sting.

She didn't flinch, must be made of iron.

Chap with a lump on the back of his right upper thigh like an extra scrotum.

Originally posted by Dr Pimplepopper
        Well I've never seen one like that before
        Apparently a pedunculated lipoma.

Now a chap of 75 with bumps on his nose, as in marble sized.

Turns out the chap is a driver and one day he drove for Dr Lee.

Rhinophyma, and she's noticed a lesion on his cheek.

She does a biopsy and from the "coming next week" it's not good.

On a happier note: The Detonators: two Scottish tower blocks: Pollokshaws precast concrete towers.
        Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 28 April 2021, 21:03.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

I see from the patio tiles that there has been some wet stuff falling from the sky. Only little spits byt the looks of it, nothing that's going to bother anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
            What have I done.

TFBSDrS
            Some of my favourites

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diners...-Ins_and_Dives

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mystery_Diners

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chasing_Classic_Cars

the bloke loves his classics.

Of course we have wheeler dealers rebuilding classics from my youth.
            Car SOS - secretly fixing forgotten project cars.

Salvage hunters

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Spent lunchtime in the local 'beauty salon' having a pedicure. I now have lovely pimped toes.

Comment

Busy day! Pushed up a change to GitHub at 14:44, at 14:47 a demo (by one of the other devs) of the product I just pushed starts on MS Teams video for around fifty people

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  Busy day! Pushed up a change to GitHub at 14:44, at 14:47 a demo (by one of the other devs) of the product I just pushed starts on MS Teams video for around fifty people
                  Just in time delivery!

Comment

I went to make some lunch then noticed the caretaker was about so I had to nab him for plant watering duties while I'm in that Scotland for a couple of weeks, had a ten minute chat about the evils of Facebook and co and then back to work.

Just realised I never made any lunch.

Comment

But I managed to fit in lunch: zingy chicken, tomato and lentil soup with wholemeal bread

Comment

Working...
                      X