• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning.

Dry.

Very sunny.

A bit chilly out there but it's 17.8 deg in here.

Blue sky.

1028 mBar, 30.36 in Hg, 57% RH.

Friday apparently.

Do try not to get nailed to anything today, it doesn't end well.

The pong seems to have blown out of the car blanket overnight.

Smalls in the WM.

Smalls out of the WM and into the TD.

Shirts in the WM.

<hiatus>

Longer walk walked in the glorious sunshine and cold wind.

Smalls out of the TD.

Shirts out of the WM and into the TD.

Cottons in the WM.

Next batches of bol and chilli con carne cooked.

Lunch: poached tomato and scrambled egg on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed toast, 2 x bramble jelly sandwiches on same, red corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Shirts out of the TD and roughly iRoned.

Cottons out of the WM and into the TD.

Knackered now.

<hiatus>

The hammering next door drove me down to the garage for a potch.

Potch duly completed.

I think the time has come for the Wireless Worlds to meet the recycling, possibly along with a load of other mags that haven't been looked at for ages.

The trauma, oh the trauma.

There must be pollen or something about coz I've just spent 10 minutes sneezing my head off.

Tea: Tesco breaded haddock, fruit cocktail, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: bits of Traffic Cops, bits of Police Interceptors, bits of NCIS S8 E23 & 24.

"The Brave One (2007)" with Jodie Foster.

Sort of BTVS meets Death Wish.

Reasonably entertaining but not so much as "Contact" was yesterday.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 2 April 2021, 22:17.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Bright-ish. Cloudy with sunny intervals I suspect it's called. It's a chilly 7 degrees ('feels like' 4) with a high of 11, sunshine expected all afternoon. Low chance of rain. Barometer up to 1028 mBar. The forecast for my destination today is very similar but with a high of 12.

Had a really rubbish night's sleep. Not helped by the flat upstairs clattering about a lot in their kitchen at 2 am.

Having a coffee and then I'll be off. Hopefully the car will start

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
      Red Rum gallops into racing history by winning the Grand National for a record third time 1977

Comment

Bolloxing car

After calling the parentals to say I'd be late, Dad and I decided to postpone my visit to sometime next week as I have the whole week off. That'll make for a nice day out for HWMBO.

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Generally sunny out, though with much white fluffiness dangling from heaven's strings

Currently 8°C, though it's trying for 9° in a bit; 1021/1029mB.

The chestnut tree is peppered with green bits now; soon won't be able to see the chap in the hardware shop sitting at his till

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
            Bolloxing car

I'm sure the poor thing's trying its best after what has been a difficult year for all of us

Just realised I forgot to buy Easter eggs yesterday. Not sure if the Co-op or Iceland would have any decent ones, so it looks like I'll have to pop down to Sainsbury's again, though I'll leave it until later I think

At least while I'm there I can fill the car for the journey tomorrow rather than having to do it on the way to the motorway.

Comment

Colder today. Just 16°C, but still brilliant sunshine. Went with family to the top of a hill, where there's a massive children's play amid the trees, and bbq pits all over for public use. We managed to get one with a grill and cooked mixed vegetables, mushrooms, bratwurst and feta cheese. The local town donates wood for the grills.

Now I'm completely exhausted, and just toying with the idea of getting a beer from the fridge. Dinner is likely to be left over stew. Or fish curry. Or perhaps both...
              Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Just remembered that I hadn't done my clothes laundry so smalls are now in the WM.

Comment

Smalls out and hung up.

Dresses in.

Lots of half shaft removal going on.

Comment

Decided I can't be bothered going to Sainsbury's. I'll set off a bit earlier tomorrow and go there on the way instead

Late lunch was the last of the zingy chicken, tomato and lentil soup with wholemeal bread

I got a Big Chicken yesterday, so I'll be able to make more soup next week

Comment

Currently watching Frau Müller muss weg. A German comedy film from 2016. I suspect there will be a lot of "what did she say" from me and the missus. Berliners speak so quickly...

Open music "Stray Cat Strut", so starting well.
                      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                      X