• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post

The evil monkey steels glasses. Lost a pair of quite expensive computer glasses, never taken them outside the house but can't find them anywhere.
    I got cheap ones. Because I don't need glasses since I had my cataracts fixed. Cheap sunglasses too.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

Found them! Well, I think it's them; they're in an older frame than my normal ones, but I think I did that to save money as I only wear them when driving. They'd fallen down behind the bedside cabinet

I seem to be able to see well enough to drive with them judging from looking out of the window, so they'll do

and a century!

Comment

I don't yet need glasses but it's a good shout to dig out my sunnies for the drive tomorrow.

Had an early dinner of chicken and chips.

Comment

Walk briskly walked, green ring closed

And even better, I did it in two-birds-one-stone mode, with a stop off at the good chip shop to collect an order I'd placed earlier. So tea has been chips, jumbo sausage, and curry sauce

I used to get that combination from the chippy quite regularly about twenty-five years ago, but for some reason I haven't had it in ages. Made a nice change

Comment

Oh, and on the way out I trundled forth the recycling bin, as collections will be as normal over Easter

Must make sure to get it back though, as there weren't any spare ones to bring back in. The guy who owns several houses up the terrace has had one of his annoying bursts of "activity", where he gets somebody who works for him to bring all the bins in from the street and redistribute them among the various houses, with unnumbered strays being added as additional bins to his properties. This means it'll be three or four weeks until there are spare ones left lying around again

Comment

Good Friday is one of the rare days when RBKC doesn't do rubbish collection. Next week things are back to normal so it's no inconvenience.

Bed not yet made but I will do that once the episode of Trucking Hell I'm watching is finished.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                Bed not yet made but I will do that once the episode of Trucking Hell I'm watching is finished.
                I started watching an episode of that whilst dining, having run out of police things on My5, and ended up watching the whole thing and half of the next one

Comment

Found them! Well, I think it's them; they're in an older frame than my normal ones, but I think I did that to save money as I only wear them when driving. They'd fallen down behind the bedside cabinet

I seem to be able to see well enough to drive with them judging from looking out of the window, so they'll do
                  You should go on a drive to Barnard Castle to check them out properly.

Just sayin' like.

Zen Chury Om.

I started watching an episode of that whilst dining, having run out of police things on My5, and ended up watching the whole thing and half of the next one
                  Lots of half shaft removal involved?

NPT refuse collections as per normal on Good Friday.

Next week: a day later than usual, so the railway mags go out next Friday.
                  Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 1 April 2021, 22:34.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                    You should go on a drive to Barnard Castle to check them out properly.
                    As I apparently now work for The Government, I might even get away with it

Or is it only people who appear to work for HMG but in reality work for FWB that can get away with anything

Lots of half shaft removal involved?
                    Plenty

NPT refuse collections as per normal on Good Friday.

Next week: a day later than usual, so the railway mags go out next Friday.
                    Apparently we just carry on. It's as if the crucifixion of Christ never happened with the bins round here. Then again, there's no proof it ever did

Comment

Tonight's major motion picture was a little-known sci-fi pic called Blade Runner (1982). Based on a book about sheep, it seems. Jolly good in its way

And then another major motion picture in its day: Outbreak (1995), which is some nonsense about a virus threatening to infect the entire world. What a ludicrous notion! checks notes…

Anyway, the latter is free with Prime at the moment, if you have Prime and like the kind of disease that involves bleeding from the eyes and then dying, rather than being unable to taste salt and vinegar crisps and then dying

And finally more of the incessantly but necessarily brutal experience that is The Shield: S2E8 Scar Tissue (TV Episode 2003) and S2E9 Co-Pilot (TV Episode 2003). Harsh

Goodnight all

Comment

Working...
                      X