• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    My dad's home from hospital

Apparently he's still not as mobile as he could be, but nothing in his leg is broken. And they tested loads of other stuff while they had him there, and that was all as good as you can expect for somebody who'll be ninety this year

He also complained bitterly about the fact that they put him on "an old people's ward"

And his voracious appetite was widely praised by the nursing staff
    Hey the FIL was like that, we concluded that if he was moaning he wasn't that bad! You have to admire a man who was stage 4 still flirting with the nurses.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Police nonsense whilst dining, and then E3 of Quatermass and the Pit, Imps and Demons (TV Episode 1959)

Early night now I suppose; got to be bright-eyed and bushy-tailed for the morning meeting

Nice just-past full moon tonight

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

Quite an unsettled night's sleep to start with, including a classic horror-film style nightmare involving a huge swarm of insects, which is very out of the normal run of things for me

I thought I was a bit old to be having bad dreams from watching Quatermass and the Pit before going to bed, but apparently not

Anyway, slept a bit better towards morning. Still feel rather unrefreshed this morning though

A very sunny start out, though the weather app for some reason believes it's "foggy"; probably some mist out on the water meadows, but we don't have any here in the city

Currently a mere 7°C, but climbing to 20° later; 1018/1026mB

I also note that the forecast for Monday and Thursday next week is "snow"

Comment

Morning all

Grumpy start to the day, with a 0830 meeting with the project's business owner who never wants to sign anything off and an email from someone in the Quality team wanting a meeting that could be dealt with by an email (I have told them such too).

Lovely sunshine out, blue sky. Currently 11 degrees and a forecast high of 22 expected. Barometer up to 1027 mBar. Enjoy summer while it lasts!

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
          German car manufacturer BMW purchases Rolls-Royce 1998

Comment

As parliament is on its school holidays, Today in Parliament isn't airing at 2330 each weekday. It has been replaced with The Battersea Poltergeist, which started yesterday and I have to say was rather entertaining listening. I shall have to make sure I catch the whole lot (it's all on BBC Sounds but ghost stories should be told at night)

Comment

Morning.

Dry.

Sunny.

Blue sky.

The river is blue too.

Colder at 16.9 deg in here.

1025 mBar, 30.27 in Hg, 55% RH.

Tuesday by all accounts.

Odd, non nightmare-ish dream of hurtling down the hill from work on a trolley that I then stowed in reception at work.

Not sure how that could happen but there you go.

No insects were involved.

Good news about NF's dad.

In other good news, I found another copy of "Two rode together (1960)" in one of the piles of dvds, so I must have watched it previously.

It obviously made little impression at the time.

<hiatus>

Walk walked, during which I remembered dreaming about a carburettor.

Very odd.

Stood under a tree that was in full bloom, listening to the bees.

Sunny and warm today unlike yesterday, so layers needed to be removed, and even so was too warm.

Lunch: Heinz ham and lentil soup with Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt bread, bramble jelly sandwich on same, red corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

<hiatus>

Since it's a nice day, an ideal time to rearrage the dvds instead of doing sommat useful.

Followed by some light potching in the garden that involved measuring up the remains of a very expensive FM aerial that had been turned into bean sticks.

I might just about be able to convert the remains into something useful, but only time will tell.

In other news, it's hot out there.

Phew wot a scorcher.

Tea: Tesco breaded haddock, the rest of the tinned mango, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: bits of Traffic Police that I'd seen before, then the last half of a thing on Sky Arts about Paul Newman.

Followed by "What we did on our holiday (2014)" with Rosamund Pike, David Tennant, and Billy Connolly.

Which was extremely funny and is recommended.

Some very fine acting.

As is only right & proper I possess two copies of the dvd, one of which is rental only.
              Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 30 March 2021, 22:58.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Had a mid morning snack of toast and marmite.

Work continues its tedium. Not long left and I get 11 contiguous days away from the place.

Comment

Morning
                  luvly day today

the forum's clock hasn't gone forward then eh?

WTF??
                  posts showed an hour out Until i posted this.
                  did i leave my wand switched on?

Comment

The project is being reorganised because they realised the stuff me and another guy were hired to work on isn't ready to be worked on yet (no user testing done) but another part of the project which is ready is much bigger than the third developer can be expected to handle on their own in the time available.

It seems likely that this will mean at least an additional month's work for me, maybe two

Not counting chickens yet, but we shall see. I suppose there's always the possibility that the powers-that-be will decide it's all going to take too long and pull the plug instead…

Comment

Wot's it doing?

Generating an up to date count of Bozo's mistresses, wives, and children?
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X