• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Watched S1E1 of Trucking Hell as that was popular about these parts as I recall.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      Watched S1E1 of Trucking Hell as that was popular about these parts as I recall.
      I find it quite addictive now I know how to take the half shafts out of a truck and the essential information that doing this doesn't make the wheel fall off the way it would on a car.

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      My dad's fallen over in the bathroom so is being taken to A&E just in case, though my mum doesn't think he's broken anything - just very sore

Or should I say he "had a fall" as once past a certain age, one does not simply "fall over"
      Hope Nick's dad is doing ok.

Been there, done that, got that particular t shirt in many different colours.
      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 28 March 2021, 22:12.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
        Hope Nick's dad is doing ok.

Been there, done that, got that particular t shirt in many different colours.
        He's being kept in overnight as they couldn't see any signs of a fracture on the X-ray, but they want to do a CT scan to be sure there isn't a hairline fracture deep inside or anything. But they're hoping he's just badly bruised

Tonight's viewing has been Inside Chernobyl with Ben Fogle. Very interesting

Better get to sleep now so I can be up bright and early for ClientGov's sake

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all

Dull and overcast but dry. Currently 11 degrees ('feels like' 9). In theory, the cloud is going to pass and it'll get up to 19 degrees today and be sunny Barometer up to 1024 mBar.

Tired this morning. Slept a bit too heavily. No dreams that I can recall.

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
          London's Royal Albert Hall is opened by Queen Victoria 1871

Comment

Morning denizens

Another grey start, currently at 11°C but soaring to 18° later (and over 20° forecast for tomorrow)

Barometers currently reporting 1012/1020mB.

Back to the fray shortly; suppose I'd better get some toast as I'm feeling quite peckish today

Comment

Morning.

Dark.

Drizzly.

Dire.

Damp.

Dreary.

Wet.

Sunless.

Warmer at 17.5 deg in here.

1024 mBar, 30.24 in Hg, 55% RH.

Monday.

Telex machine unpolished today.

Dunno why but I'm knackered.

<hiatus>

Walk walked in the dark dank grey morning.

Freecell score: 100% (of 4), running average 84% (83.6 something).

Lunch: poached tomato and scrambled egg on Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt toast, bramble jelly sandwich on crust of same, red pippy corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

I wonder what curious neurological quirk produces "scrablemd" instead of scrambled.

Odd.

Afternoon entertainment for the : Engineering Disasters: the SL1 reactor accident, the floating bridge that sunk when they filled it with water, and various other engineering foibles including some USSR rocket failures, followed by a thing on Forces TV about the sinking of the SS Derbyshire off Japan.

The 2nd of these was about the sinking of some Septic riverboat on the Mississippi back in the day which was of no innerest so I turned it off.

Tea: more roast chicken and a sausage, some tinned mango (never tried this before, it was rather pleasant), 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: 5 minutes of a Traffic Cops I hadn't seen before and half an hour of one I had.

"The Man from Laramie (1955)" with that James Stewart chap, rather better than yesterday's offering from John Ford having been directed by Anthony Mann.

NCIS S16 E10 "What child is this?" being the Xmas ep.

Nothing else appealed much so it was the Jobs book again having reached page 395 there's a mere 175 more to go.

The book about Woz is about a third of the size, not being about an ubermensch.
              Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 29 March 2021, 21:44.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Cheese on toast for lunch today (no beanz).

Comment

Links are up

Comment

Been sunny all day. Currently 19°C - expected high 20. Stilton, crackers and port for lunch. I'll have a cup of tea then a nap... where's the old git icon gone to?

Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                      Been sunny all day. Currently 19°C - expected high 20. Stilton, crackers and port for lunch. I'll have a cup of tea then a nap... where's the old git icon gone to?
                      :oldgit: ->

Comment

Working...
                      X