• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    Saw foot doctor for the first time in the morning to treat a verucca that's just started growing on my big toe. She didn't like the look of the burn I got on my hand last week, so she treated that as well.
    A foot doctor treating a hand injury? Do they really know what they're doing if they can't tell a foot from a hand?

But, at least you can try milking a bit more sympathy from the family now a doctor has said they're not happy with it

Comment

Quick walk around the corner to the post box. Ominous looking clouds mustering. Doesn't feel very warm either.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        But, at least you can try milking a bit more sympathy from the family now a doctor has said they're not happy with it
        Hah! From my lot? Chance would be a fine thing. No, I just got told off. "I told you to keep it covered..." said both my wife and my daughter.
        Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Prize for whoever had "New delivery manager has to briefly leave meeting to shut up her kids in the next room"

Another meeting coming up in twenty minutes

Comment

Lunch was cheese on toast topped with some beans (Heinz 5 Beanz)

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              Luckily I had a couple of Southern not-fried drumsticks left in the fridge for a hasty lunch

Back to the fray now

Comment

Prize for whoever had "New delivery manager has to briefly leave meeting to shut up her kids in the next room"

Turn the camera off and find a book to read.
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post

Turn the camera off and find a book to read.
                  One good thing is that these people very seldom use their cameras

And on the rare occasions when we do, my iMac's camera is pointed towards my bookcases behind me, so everybody marvels at my vast array of books which is always nice

Comment

Me: "We could do XYZ, I think that would be useful and should be very straightforward "

Them: "That sounds great, do you want to get started on that?"

Me:

Now digging up a book I have somewhere that explains how to do XYZ

Comment

One good thing is that these people very seldom use their cameras

And on the rare occasions when we do, my iMac's camera is pointed towards my bookcases behind me, so everybody marvels at my vast array of books which is always nice
                      Behind me there's an electric drumkit, a keyboard, some mics, and a small mixing desk .
                      that gets lots of comments

Comment

Working...
                      X