• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: test please delete

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "test please delete"

Collapse

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Morning.

Friday.

Dry.

Greyish.

Vague signs of sun.

Chilly in here at 13 deg, 12 deg in the kitchen, 10 deg in the leanto.

984 mBar, 29.0575 in Hg, 738.06 Torr, 14.2717 psi, (up from 982 last night, yesterday's min being 979), 75% RH (GDR hair), 68% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 1st of September 2019 it was getting less hot, the remainder of "Coogan's Bluff (1968)" was watched, and NF changed the bed.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; Today, 08:56.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Morning denizens

Sunny start, albeit with some big patches that range from wispy to fluffy. It seems they will gain the upper hand soon and it'll be cloudy later. Currently just 3°C and not getting any higher than 7°, with the barometers only very slightly up at 971/979mB

Friday!

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Morning all
    TFIF, Etc

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Tea tonight was pork steaks with chips and beans, which in all material respects is exactly the same as yesterday. Bad planning on my part was to blame, but it was still nice enough

And that was accompanied by an episode of the C4 thing about police night shifts in Brighton

Later viewing was part three, the final part, of The Space Shuttle That Fell to Earth

Finally, I read a bit more of The Darkroom

Friday tomorrow! About time too!

Goodnight all

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Checked the temps in Italy for next week, pleasant enough for this time of year. Might check to see where the nearest Alfa dealer is to the office I’m going to.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    I had another voucher for £12 off a Sainsbury's delivery over £60 which it seemed a shame to waste, so a delivery has just arrived

When the guy rang the bell, I said "I'll be right down" over the intercom but he said "No, don't worry, I'll bring it up to you." That's good of him, I thought, and waited by the flat door with my bags - and he came up the stairs, having carried two of those big delivery boxes full of stuff up to the third floor!

Impressed, I said "I expected you to be in the lift." He looked at me, said "There's a lift?!" and burst out laughing, albeit rather breathlessly

Leave a comment:

• Dactylion
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    Much rain so far today. Still persisting it down.

Laundry being done.
    Reminded me:
    Originally posted by Dactylion View Post
    Pishing down...

Constantly....

Without pause....

For hours...

Actually it seems like for days....

It is cold... wet and miserable...

I believe the sweaties would say dreich...
    I am not a happy bunny.... This is just miserable :-(

I'm supposed to have a man round tomorrow to sort out some fencing.
    He was due earlier in the week but other jobs have been delayed because it's been so f**king miserable - I am not counting my chickens on him actually arriving tomorrow.

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Much rain so far today. Still persisting it down.

Laundry being done.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Lunch has been pork cutlet in a wholemeal bap with apple sauce, and a bag of plain crisps

It's rained heavily for much of the morning, but seems to have stopped for now

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied

Morning all

Dull. Wet. Raining. Currently 12 degrees and that's the high for the day. Barometer down to 983 mBar and falling.

Yesterday the garage said that there was nothing wrong with my car and that it had just gotten damp inside although they couldn't find any faulty seals. So they cleaned out the various drainage holes and left it at that. No charge. Apparently I need to get a little dehumidifier as otherwise it'll take a few months to dry out.

Leave a comment:

• DoctorStrangelove
    replied
    Morning.

Thursday.

Dark.

Dank.

Dreary.

Wet. Hammering down earlier. The river is looking rather full. And it's almost low tide.

Chilly in here at 13.8 deg, 13 deg in the kitchen, 12.5 deg in the leanto.

981 mBar, 28.9689 in Hg, 735.8 Torr, 14.228 psi, (down from 993 last night), 75% RH (GDR hair), 68% RH (Lidl electric).

Meanwhile on the 31st of August 2019 there was discussion of appearances on streetview, one and a half films with that Clinton Eastwood were watched, and Ginsters supplied my lunch.

Freecell score: 100%, running average: 86%.

Walk timed exactlywrong: the rain began as I walked out of the door & I gave up after 15 minutes.

Lunch: baked spud etc.

Entertainment: A good read. Noon News <click>

NZ customs. Antlers.

Canadian customs <click>

Oz Customs: British chap, visiting his brother who's recently lost his wife, with a year's probation gets turned back, while a Black American chap who'd served 12 years inside gets let in. Odd. Usual chinese "food".

Sun came out, went for another walk, got about halfway when the sun went behind a big black cloud so I came back. It's colder out there.

Tea: chilli con carne: hasn't improved much during its brief sojourn in the freezer.

Entertainment: PM.

"The Shape of Things To Come (1936)". Wander Wander Wander, no one survives the Wandering Sickness.

Dan Do.

"The Shape" continued.

Freecell score: 91%, running average: 86%.

Trucking Hell S8 E4.

Car SOS S11 E5 Renault Alpine GTA.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; Yesterday, 20:19.

Leave a comment:

• WTFH
    replied
    Morning all
    Got soaked to the skin on our walk earlier - a torrential downpour blew through for 20 minutes.
    Now drying off as the weather improves.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post

Proper chips or oven chips?
    Just oven chips this time. The deep fat fryer needs a service, which I really must get around to doing soon

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Morning denizens

Grey start again, and actually getting darker than it was when I got up. I was going to say that at least it's not raining, but it's expected to start about now and continue for the rest of the day. Rather breezy too. It's mild enough, at 9°C - but that's the high for the day, heading down to 5° by teatime and colder still overnight. The barometers are well down at 970/978mB

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Tea has been a pork cutlet with chips and beans

Accompanied by a new episode of Traffic Cops
    Proper chips or oven chips?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X