• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recycling has been trundled. Refuse can go out on Thursday evening.

Comment

Tea has been chicken cacciatore, made from scratch with fresh ingredients (except the chicken stock, I cheated there and used a cube), accompanied by chips and peas. Absolutely delicious

I'd forgotten what an utter faff it is to make though; should have done it at the weekend really. Monday night's too short for messing around deseeding tomatoes

Comment

Other than the usual police nonsense whilst dining, tonight's viewing has been Quatermass and the Pit E1, The Halfmen (TV Episode 1958), now restored in pretty good HD for the filmed part, and slightly less high definition for the parts that were performed live during broadcast and recorded by pointing a camera at a monitor

Early night again. At least I don't have to drive down to London in the morning; I'm still finding it hard enough making it to the living room for 9am

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning. Still dark here, though there is a glow on the horizon. Currently temperature just below freezing. Should be sunny though and make it to 10C by 3pm.

Dorado steamed with pak choi with white wine sauce and boiled potato this evening.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Morning denizens

Another grey start to the day, once again heading from 8°C to 11° this afternoon, 1013/1021mB

Had quite a decent night's sleep, but I'm still not really up to handling the morning meeting until the coffee kicks in

Comment

Morning all

Busy start to the day today!

It was bright and dry with patches of blue sky poking through the fluff when I got up and it's still that way now. Currently 10 degrees ('feels like' 8) with an expected high of 12. Cloud cover expected to dissipate giving a sunny afternoon. Barometer down to 1024 mBar.

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
              Official opening of the 'Rajiv Ghandi International Airport' in Hyderabad, India 2008

Comment

morning
                grey
                dry
                Tuesday
                meh

in other news, the addled one finally succumbed last night.
                a huge relief for everyone, she was effectively gone months ago.

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post

morning
                  grey
                  dry
                  Tuesday
                  meh

in other news, the addled one finally succumbed last night.
                  a huge relief for everyone, she was effectively gone months ago.
                  (for you and your good lady)

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

(for you and your good lady)
                    WLMS.

A relief for all concerned, speaking from experience.

Morning (just).

Dry.

Cool. 17.1 deg in here.

White sky.

Wanly sunny.

1022 mBar, 30.18 in Hg, 55% RH.

Tuesday by all reports.

The scamming telephone bastards are busy today.

<hiatus>

Freecell score: 87%, running average 84%.

Bagged up some of the massacred brambles and stuck said bags in the shed to dry off so they burn nicely when the urge for arson becomes too strong to resist. <- bonfire

Tea: Tesco chunky battered haddock (stone me it's oily), more tinned peaches (the syrup is nowhere near as sweet as it used to be ), a yog (ditto), 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: bits of a Traffic Cops that I've seen before.

Other bits of NCIS S8 E1 wherein bad things happen to someone who tried to off Gibbs' dad.

Ultimate Police Interceptors, this one set somewhere that doesn't appear to speak anything resembling English as she is spoke.

Or maybe the rampant spice and alcohol abuse makes it more difficult.

The natives appear to be off their heads most of the time.

Quest: Disasters Engineered: A Gricer Special, being about trains and train crashes.

Met a chap from "work" as I wandered down to the post office (the WHSmith one in town, not the one I buy the TV Times from).

So, along with the chap I was talking to about mines, adits and forgotten brooks, that makes 2 conversations today, or 3 if you count the one over the garden wall with the chap who works in Trostre.
                    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 23 March 2021, 23:17.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Looks like I'm going to have to do stuff, and even worse, it will involve communicating with other people

Highlights of the hour-long planning meeting we just had included a muttered "So many PowerPoints…" as somebody looked for some important information, and the delivery manager who's taking over getting booted out by Teams for trying to add a note to a task, then loudly declaring "Bloody Teams is a nightmare!" once they'd got back in

Comment

Working...
                      X