• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning denizens

Grey, drizzly day, and it seems a bit breezy already out there; 7°C at the moment, heading for 10° later, 994/1001mB, and rain projected to continue right through into tomorrow morning with the occasional hiatus

On the bright side (for me, at any rate) I seem to have survived the lamb of uncertain quality without ill effects, or so far at least

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Morning denizens

Grey, drizzly day, and it seems a bit breezy already out there; 7°C at the moment, heading for 10° later, 994/1001mB, and rain projected to continue right through into tomorrow morning with the occasional hiatus

On the bright side (for me, at any rate) I seem to have survived the lamb of uncertain quality without ill effects, or so far at least
      Any relation to the Rodents of Unusual Size?

"Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
        More weird dreams.
        I had a moderately restless night, waking occasionally and having a number of dreams that were strange in their mundanity. The only one I can remember involved me spending some time inspecting the merchandise of a stall selling anoraks and suchlike garments on Bedford Market while conversing with the two stallholders about the merchandise. I have never in my life bought anything from Bedford Market

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
        Did I neglect to mention Yet Another example of Ye Giante Ratte of Sumatra appeared on next door's lawn yesterday?
        So it begins…

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post

Any relation to the Rodents of Unusual Size?

I hope not!

Comment

Morning all

When I got up, it was overcast and dull. It's still overcast and dull but there has been a light shower in the intervening period. Currently 8 degrees ('feels like' 4) and will peak at 12 degrees around 11pm . Rain expected off and on all day. Barometer down to 1012 mBar.

Busy morning, hence the delay in checking in. Started shortly after 8am as usual and, having slept on a process I was mapping out yesterday, I was hot to trot on getting it properly drawn up and the steps drafted. So I got on and did it. It's now out for review by the person who asked for it.

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
            Simon and Garfunkel record the first version of 'The Sound of Silence' at Columbia Studios in New York 1964

Comment

Large sausage roll for lunch

It continues grey and windy out, though the drizzle seems to be taking a break

Comment

Lunch is the remainder of the bacon and lentil soup.

Still dull and damp out.

Comment

The rain continues to hold off, so: walk briskly walked, green ring closed

It wasn't too bad, as the nominal temperature is 9°C and much of the way was shielded from the worst of the wind by houses or was walking away from it. The point where I ended up heading along a road that travels nearly due south, and therefore straight into it, was about halfway round, and by then it was quite refreshing to have a vigorous blast of cooler air into my face for a few hundred yards

Before I set off I loaded a disparate bunch of jumpers and shirts that have been in storage for ages into the washing machine, so they're now on

Most of them will probably go to the Oxfam recycling thing, but there's at least one that I like and had completely forgotten ever owning, so that'll help see me through the remaining couple of weeks before glorious springtime renders such garments unnecessary, probably

Comment

It hasn't stopped raining since last night. Ho very hum.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove

Zen Chury.

It's post 341784 to me NF hasn't fixed that yet

Comment

Working...
                      X