• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The roast lamb dinner was nice enough for the most part, though slightly spoiled by the uneasy thought that I might be poisoning myself with it

But it generally tasted OK. Occasionally I wondered slightly about a bit of it maybe having a slight tang, but it was so slight that I was probably just deluding myself. Also, I usually use lamb Oxo cubes to make the gravy but they've vanished from the shops, probably because of Bre*it or something, so I had to make do with Knorr ones; and their flavour is an unknown quantity to me.

I daresay I'll find out one way or the other before too long

Comment

I'm sure you'll be fine!

On further information being supplied, the role that the consultancy have been asked to fill is a different skill set to mine and I've said that I'm not right for it. I know what I'm capable of and I won't lie and risk losing any goodwill I may have with the client.

Am much calmer now

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        I'm sure you'll be fine!
        Probably. On past experience, my innards are pretty resilient

On further information being supplied, the role that the consultancy have been asked to fill is a different skill set to mine and I've said that I'm not right for it. I know what I'm capable of and I won't lie and risk losing any goodwill I may have with the client.

Am much calmer now
        Makes sense

Comment

Caught up on UC, WILTY and OC (in that order) and something else I forget. Oh, I do remember, it was MasterChef.

I have now developed really annoying, and quite enthusiastic, hiccups. I hate having hiccups.

Comment

Had what I felt was a good and productive day.

Then get a kick in the teeth when the consultancy tells you the client has asked for a resource to do the job you've been doing for the past year...
            You obviously haven't made enough noise about it.

I had an email today from one of the C levels who haven't moved a regulatory project along despite wasting my time on it while fumbling around, they brought in quite a reasonable chap to sort it out he has spent a month trying to figure out the process. I have been trying to help and made a number of suggestions to fix the process.

The email basically tells everyone how much better the process due to THEIR sterling efforts.

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Dinner was Tuna and veg.

Ents was Bohemian Rhapsody which was excellent. Well worth a watch.
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Tonight's viewing, aside from dining-related Traffic Cops, was The Terror on iPlayer: S1E1 Go for Broke (TV Episode 2018) and S1E2 Gore (TV Episode 2018), being about the ill-fated Franklin expedition to find the North West Passage, comprising the ships HMS Erebus and HMS Terror, which vanished in mysterious circumstances. Seems OK so far

No obvious harmful results from the dodgy lamb yet

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning

Grey and it will be very windy later today.

Apparently it is raining outside. Oh yes it was raining outside when I went out. Currently 7 degrees.

Today's high is 10 degrees but it won't feel like that.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Damn weather forecasters are all gloomy pessimists, it's almost always a lot nicer than they tell us. It's not raining at all here and the paths are dry yet the BBC weather says chance of rain is currently 100%.
                    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Who'd ever have thought it was A Bad Idea to build an extra 3 stories on a building designed to have 5 stories which was built on a swamp?

Morning.

Wet wet wet.

Grey grey grey.

Sunless.

Undry.

Windy (for that horizontal rain effect).

Warmer at 16.2 deg in here.

1004 mBar, 29.65 inHg, 53% RH.

Wednesday apparently.

More weird dreams.

Did I neglect to mention Yet Another example of Ye Giante Ratte of Sumatra appeared on next door's lawn yesterday?

Afternoon (just) entertainment: "The Shooting (1966)" with Warren Oates and Jack Nicholson.

An "experimental" oater apparently.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0062262/

To sum it up: everyone dies, some more slowly than others.

In other news, it's still pissing down.

I wonder if the res is full yet.

The last of the roast chicken breast, sausage and bacon from Sunday with carrots and onions, the last of the fruit salad, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Traffic Cops: Under Attack: yet more joy in the northern caliphate, this time a near riot with a mob blocking in several police cars (including an ARU) in a cul de sac.

Abandoned Engineering: Albanian mine gulag, UK Rover shadow factory cum post war RCG, weird theme park in the Ozarks celebrating Lil Abner, a Crusader castle in the Golan Heights that turned out to be Saladin's.

NCIS S6 E23 wherein our heroes are introducing what became NCIS LA in a rather reimagined form.

S6 E24 being the ep where Tony offs Ziva's gentleman friend.

Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 10 March 2021, 22:13.
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X