• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ribs and chips for tea, accompanied by a bit of Traffic Cops

Comment

They've been playing with the time switch at the carpet shop again, for its windows are fully illuminated

Comment

I think I must have seen that episode of Timeshift before as much of it felt very familiar. It's a shame that series isn't made any more, always had interesting topics.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
          NCIS S16 E7 "A thousand words".

Today's ridiculous bit of non science was the output of the sonar at 311dB as evidenced by playing said sonar through what appeared to be hifi speakers.

Apparently the loudest non nuclear sound was produced by the Saturn V, which only managed a miserable 204dB.

It does rather irritate me when the suspension of disbelief is mangled like that.
          That's what happens when they accidentally do the "Enhance" thing to sound instead of a fuzzy CCTV picture

Comment

More from The Americans tonight: S3E4 Dimebag (TV Episode 2015) and S3E5 Salang Pass (TV Episode 2015)

The carpet shop's lights went out again around 11pm, then came on again at midnight. So it seems they've somehow ended up back where they started, just with the timing moved to on the hour rather than the roughly ten minutes before that they had going on before they started messing with it

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all

Dry, bright, mostly clear blue sky. Currently 4 degrees with a forecast high of 12 with cloud cover increasing after sunset. The weather app says there's an 80% chance of rain overnight, in the wee hours, so I don't care about that. Barometer down to 1021 mBar.

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
              The Space Shuttle 'Discovery' makes its final landing after 39 flights 2011

Comment

Morning.

Dry.

Sunny.

Blue sky with thin cloud and haze.

Cold at 15.2 in here & about 9 in the leanto.

1020.5 mBar, 30.135 inHg, 52% RH.

Tuesday.

<hiatus>

TV Times bought from the post office.

Walk walked in the sunshine, I was warm enough to remove the scarf & gloves by the time I'd staggered to the res.

Lunch: Heinz lentil and bacon soup with Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt bread, bramble jelly sandwich on crust of same, red corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Freecell score: 100%, running average 84% (83.6something%).

In other news, the council are doing "a deep resurface" of the road, presumably in an attempt to repair some of the bumps and dips.

Once they've done this the gas board will come along & replace the rest of the gas main along this part of the road, which will cause much angst since it'll mean a detour of about 4.3 miles while the road is shut.

That's 4.3 miles not 3 miles. Well there's a thing.

<hiatus>

Another afternoon spent potching in next door's shed, wherein I finally found the feet for the Technics SL110 turntable.

Happily enough they were high enough off the ground to avoid water damage back in the flood in 1992.

A fine selection of ironmongery is awaiting the attention of the scrap merchants.

Anyone want a pair of propshafts for Mk1 Granada?

Or a steering rack for same?

Me neither & I certainly can't be arsed to stick them on ebay.

< looks for smilies box in edit mode & can't see it at all much less jumping up and down >

In other news, it's now as grey as a 's arse out there & quite chilly with it.

Entertainment: Traffic Cops, part of one in the northern caliphate again.

Traffic Cops: I'e seen this one before, it's the lunatic speeding for 45 minutes with a woman & a child in the back seat, plus £5k of drugs in the boot.

Tea: Tesco breaded haddock (chunky), some more of the fruit cocktail, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Enterprise S2 E16 "Future Tense" wherein our heroes find a 31st century time ship.

Ultimate Police Interceptors: the hard core lunes are out in force.

Disasters Engineered on Quest: the genoa bridge collapse and the Bangladesh factory collapse.

Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 9 March 2021, 22:04.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning denizens

Patchy cloud out, but enough sun getting through as and when to make things look bright; 7°C now but heading for double figures this afternoon, 1010/1017mB

Just phoned the garage to book the Corolla in for its MOT, which I'd completely forgotten to do despite various reminders that it's due on Friday. Taking it in Thursday morning

When the bloke asked me for my phone number my mind went completely blank and I couldn't remember it until I looked it up in the Contacts app. Granted, I haven't had my coffee yet, but even so this doesn't seem like a good sign for how the rest of the day will go

Comment

Morning

Lovely and sunny.

High of 13 and currently 9 degrees.

Need to pop out to the post office...

"You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Slightly extended walk to the post box. Lovely out there in the sunshine, a little chillier in the shade.

Lunch is smoked bacon and lentil soup from New Covent Garden Soup Co.

Comment

Working...
                      X