• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vetran View Post

Do custard doughnuts count? Or are they just a good source of calcium?
    Good source of doughnuts at any rate

Comment

Now enjoying Dave Allen. I'm enjoying where amuses himself (or maybe finding the audience reaction funny) and he has to pause to compose himself.

The heating has come on, which is a good job as it was starting to get a bit chilly in the living room.

Comment

Afternoon.

I still feel ill. (Self inflicted.)
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
          Afternoon.

I still feel ill. (Self inflicted.)
          You need an egg and bacon sandwich

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

You need an egg and bacon sandwich
            with lashings of HP sauce!

Comment

Watching Everest: Conquering the Death Zone on C5 catchup. I'd read about most of what they've covered in articles over the years but it's still interesting stuff.

I would love to visit the base camp. I am not brave or fit enough to go further but to get to that point would be fantastic. I just worry that, with so many people wanting to climb it, the 'golden years' are gone now.

Comment

Really nice bowl of scouse with a thick chunk of sesame bloomer for tea

Comment

Sunday night nostalgia again this week with S1E4 of All Creatures Great and Small, Calf Love (TV Episode 1978)

And then the first episode of Man in Room 301, a Finnish psychological thriller imbued with all the joy and positivity associated with Finland, i.e. none. Seems OK so far.

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all

It's cloudy/bright probably clear sky in parts I can't see. Dry. Currently 3 degrees with a forecast high of 9. Cloud will remain but unlikely to rain. Barometer down to 1024 mBar.

It's chilly in my little office today, I may have to put the fan heater on and/or get my blanket out.

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
                    The first car powered with a gas turbine engine, the 'Rover JET1' is unveiled 1950

Comment

150mph in a P4.

Now that would separate the men from the boys.

Morning.

Dry.

Blue sky.

Sunny.

Colder at 15.2 deg in here.

1025 mBar, 30.27 inHg, 50% RH.

Monday.

Telex machine gleaming particularly strongly this morning due to the 3 wardialler calls I've had since 08:20.

Really enjoyed "Dangerous Davies (1981)" last evening.

Morning entertainment: "Discovering David Niven" on Sky Arts.

Walk walked in the glorious sunshine.

Warm enough to require the removal of layers.

Ne'er cast a clout though.

Afternoon Entertainment: "The Spikes Gang (1974)" with that Lee Marvin chap.

I don't think he "sings" in this one.

Well that was pretty bleak.

Amusing enough though.

<hiatus>

Freecell score: 87%, running average 84%.

Minor potching in the next door shed, so that's where the welding clamps were.

Tea: more of the roast chicken breast, some fruit cocktail, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea,

Entertainment: half an NCIS ep from S4, where Gibbs gets unretired. Again. Or maybe that was the first time.

Traffic Cops on 5: S9 E7.

NCIS S16 E7 "A thousand words".

Today's ridiculous bit of non science was the output of the sonar at 311dB as evidenced by playing said sonar through what appeared to be hifi speakers.

Apparently the loudest non nuclear sound was produced by the Saturn V, which only managed a miserable 204dB.

It does rather irritate me when the suspension of disbelief is mangled like that.
                      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 8 March 2021, 22:26.
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X