• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But then I realised I've had beans quite a bit recently
    Beans, beans, good for the heart
    The more you eat. the more you...
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Morning all

It's been a bit of a busy start so I'm only just getting around to doing my usual waffle.

When I got up, it was overcast and that's not changed over the past couple of hours. My weather app says it's 'haze' but I don't see anything 'hazy' about total cloud cover. It's reasonably bright out so maybe that's the differentiating factor? It's just changed to Fog, which it definitely isn't. Anyway, it's 6 degrees at present and likely to get up to 12. The sun is not expected to make an appearance and there's rain forecast this afternoon. Barometer is down a smidge to 1027 mBar.

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
      The 'Star Spangled Banner' officially becomes the American national anthem 1931

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

or 103 or 203 or 303 times in total

As that post to me was 339488 which shows that I definitely have some people on ignore (and I do, it's anyone who triggers me by their stupidity)
        Wow, I'm honoured to have not been put on the list!

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Wow, I'm honoured to have not been put on the list!
          Don't tell him your name Pike!
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

There's a lying corrupt mother****er lying at us on the wireless and the television at the moment.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

Work out where you want (and are missing) sockets. You can't do that work yourself nowadays and given that you are likely to have to redecorate after this work you may as well make the most of it.

Also check the consumer unit in case it's an ancient one. It's a stupid trick but a modern consumer unit says decent electrics while an old one screams expensive rewire.

Although I suspect that job has already been done noting the original problem.
              All useful advice - thanks eek!

We're in the fortunate position that some of the wiring has been replaced, as has the consumer unit - it's only 15 or so years old. The previous occupant was a single old lady who had her nephew helping to look after the place, and every time a grant or government funding came up he made use of it. The boiler, loft insultation etc all benefitted from this.

When we got the keys the first thing we did was to get in a plumber to add radiators and an electrician to add sockets - which gives us some confidence in the socket wiring. It's just the lights we've never touched.

Comment

This morning has been spent removing two ancient burglar alarms. One has been switched off since we got here, and the other is slightly less ancient but no-one knows the code. The wires for both run across doorways and the like in inconvenient places. Now they don't!

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                  There's a Politician lying at us on the wireless and the television at the moment.
                  FTFY.

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Grey day out, officially describes as "haze", as seems to be the fashion nowadays

A mere 5°C too, possibly reaching 6° in a bit but no better; 1017/1025mB; and the 80% probability of rain previously forecast has been dialled down to 30%

Comment

Just listened to those politicians -
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X