• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And with the Goods Inwards having been dealt with: walk briskly walked, green ring closed

Still pretty chilly out at 5°C, but the breeze of yesterday isn't there, or not in such force, so it's not quite as bracing

Comment

A walk has been walked. Down to the river, along past Albert Bridge, up past Chelsea Physic Gardens, along and then up towards South Ken Station and then back home.

Took a few photos of Albert Bridge from Battersea Bridge and more while standing in the middle of Albert Bridge (which has an entertaining sign instructing marching armies to break step when marching over the bridge). Hopefully something will come out that will be suitably symmetrical for my photography class.

Comment

Tea was going to be sausages, chips and beans. But then I realised I've had beans quite a bit recently. Inspiration struck, and instead I had sausages, chips, peas, and onion gravy; and very nice it was

Comment

I caught up on a number of light entertainment programmes that aired yesterday, namely: WILTY, UC and OC (watched in that order).

I then checked on when the next 24 Hours in A&E is on (today) so I'll watch that tomorrow if I remember.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Tea was going to be sausages, chips and beans. But then I realised I've had beans quite a bit recently. Inspiration struck, and instead I had sausages, chips, peas, and onion gravy; and very nice it was

According to my version of this thread, that was a century!

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

According to my version of this thread, that was a century!
              #341603 for me, so you must ignore somebody who's posted in TPD three times - or up to three people who've posted once or twice, I suppose

Comment

I seem to have indulged myself in a The Americans binge tonight; to wit:

which is S2 done and dusted

Goodnight all

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

#341603 for me, so you must ignore somebody who's posted in TPD three times - or up to three people who've posted once or twice, I suppose
                  or 103 or 203 or 303 times in total

As that post to me was 339488 which shows that I definitely have some people on ignore (and I do, it's anyone who triggers me by their stupidity)
                  merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Morning

Grey, misty, cold

High of 14 degrees but it is currently 5.

Earlier I passed a dog walker with two dogs where one of them stank like horse poo. Worse thing is I think it was the dog walker...
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Morning.

Wet.

Damp.

Dark.

Dreary.

Sunless.

Warmer at 16.7 deg in here.

Grey.

Misty.

1025 mBar, 30.27 inHg, 55% RH.

Wednesday.

<hiatus>

Walk walked and very pleasant it was too, despite the murk.

Probably because no oiks were about.

Lunch: poached tomato and scrambled egg on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed toast, bramble jelly sandwich on same x 2, red pippy corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

In other news, the census form arrived this morning.

Having washed the filter of the vac, said vac is now back in stick to the ceiling mode again, which makes it quite difficult to push around the place.

Freecell score: 100% of 11 plays (which went a short distance toward remedying yesterday's disaster), running average 84% (83.686%).

Afternoon entertainment: Traffic Cops: starts with some lunatic doing 155 mph on the M1 in an Audi.

Well that feckwhit managed to crash into a tree though not at 155 mph.

Tea: the last of the roast beef with carrots & onions, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Abandoned Engineering: the wonders of the Wonderbread factory.

Motorway cops: wherein an IT chap is done for driving at more than 155mph and gets away with a £500 fine and 3 months disqualification.

Ok, which of the assembled congregation was this, then?

Inside Chernobyl with Ben Fogle: the aforementioned feckwhit exploring the exclusion zone, obviously in an attempt to glow in the dark.

Here's a dosimeter, a geiger counter and don't touch anything
                      Obviously has ambitions to glow in the dark.
                      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 3 March 2021, 22:25.
                      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Working...
                      X