• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recycling taken down and bin trundled, just in case an increase in slumpiness puts me off doing it later

Might even get an early night tonight

Comment

Originally posted by Scruff View Post
      No more Tapatalk, no more Phone App. I only visit these shores in my billable time now...In two weeks time, no more of that either...

"The Seekers" - The Carnival is Over.
      One hidden benefit of the redesign is that it's responsive, i.e. it adapts to phone screens: everything's in one column, buttons are bigger so they can be tapped more easily, and so on. There's a couple of problems with it at the moment (duplicate pagination at the top of thread pages being one) but it's much more usable in a phone web browser than the old version

Comment

I did used to switch to mobile web on those occasions when the app borked. I should just stick with it and have one less app.

Comment

Just watched a discussion hosted by the V&A with Sathnam Sanghera (author of Empireland) talking about the British Empire and the complexities around it. He asked some great questions of Tristram Hunt, man at the V&A, about the role of museums and why some things are given back and others aren't. A recording will be made available to members but I would hope it gets shared more widely in the future.

Comment

Harking back to Sunday evenings of my youth here, as the BBC are repeating the original All Creatures Great and Small, which started its original run on January 8th 1978. It's not on iPlayer for long though, so hurry while nostalgia for a program made forty-odd years ago that was set forty-odd years before that lasts

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              Harking back to Sunday evenings of my youth here, as the BBC are repeating the original All Creatures Great and Small, which started its original run on January 8th 1978. It's not on iPlayer for long though, so hurry while nostalgia for a program made forty-odd years ago that was set forty-odd years before that lasts
              Program? Programme, of course; we'll have none of those Americanisms here

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

Program? Programme, of course; we'll have none of those Americanisms here
                Turns out that's 299100 rather than 300k.

When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Sainsbury's have started doing thick-cut ribeye steaks, around 14 to 15oz in weight. So tea has been one of them, with chips, beans, and fried onions; and it was delicious

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

Turns out that's 299100 rather than 300k.

With a bit of luck I'll be vaccine-slump-free tomorrow and can get it sorted out

Comment

Good watch: Horizon's Coronavirus Special - What We Know Now

It's plummeted to 3°C out there, thanks to open skies. But up to 12° again tomorrow apparently. Soon be spring

The arm is a bit more painful and seems to be slightly more swollen around the vaccination site now. Still, all in a good cause

Goodnight all

Comment

Working...
                      X