• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The RTC down the road has apparently been cleared; blue van gone across the (barrier-free) divider, over the opposite lanes and into the front wall of a house a couple of streets further away than the Chinese, judging by a pic on the local rag's website

Traffic outside is very slow though, as it'll take a while for the backlog to clear.

And while all that excitement was going on out there, I have had pancakes, in the traditional form: sprinkled with sugar and lemon juice squeezed over

The first one was a bit cocked-up, as is traditional, and the second a bit better; after which I'd got the knack back. But they were all very nice as a change from the usual run of things

Two of the wedges from the (small) lemon have been used, and the rest have been frozen until some suitable purpose arises for them. Fish, maybe?

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      The RTC down the road has apparently been cleared; blue van gone across the (barrier-free) divider, over the opposite lanes and into the front wall of a house a couple of streets further away than the Chinese, judging by a pic on the local rag's website

Traffic outside is very slow though, as it'll take a while for the backlog to clear.

And while all that excitement was going on out there, I have had pancakes, in the traditional form: sprinkled with sugar and lemon juice squeezed over

The first one was a bit cocked-up, as is traditional, and the second a bit better; after which I'd got the knack back. But they were all very nice as a change from the usual run of things

Two of the wedges from the (small) lemon have been used, and the rest have been frozen until some suitable purpose arises for them. Gin, maybe?
      FTFY
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Sternest test yet for The Pink Stuff: how would it cope with the deepest, darkest recesses of the outer casing of the deep fat fryer, wherein overflows and spills of vegetable oil have accumulated for so many years that I've been terrified to even look at them?

Answer: it positively breezed through them

It's taken me over an hour, and I had to unscrew all the handles and things to get absolutely everywhere, but the thing looks cleaner than it has since it was brand new

I still need to do the rest of it; said handles and things, the lid, and the outside of the frying vessel. But (other than the handles) those have been done many times before, and aren't as tricky to get at

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
          FTFY
          Never been that keen on gin, TBH

Comment

Pancakes made and consumed, non traditional chocolate sauce but that is how we roll.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

As the deep fat fryer is out of commission and I couldn't be bothered to start making the curry that was originally on the menu tonight, tea has been lamb scouse and sesame bloomer

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                Pancakes made and consumed, non traditional chocolate sauce but that is how we roll.
                They're your pancakes! Have 'em however you like 'em

Comment

I forgot to make pancakes. I made dinner (mini quiche and chips) and just didn't feel like having more food.

I'll make some at the weekend. Maybe.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

Comment

Working...
                      X