• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning denizens

Another decent night's sleep. I'm starting to wonder if I sleep better when the bedroom is around 16°C than when it's down at around 9° or 10°

Grey but mild here, currently 9° out but heading for 12° this afternoon, and dry at the moment; though last night some showers turned up without any notice from the weather app, so that might not last. Barometer: 996/1004mB

Comment

There has been rain, and I think a bit more is likely.

The tardy bin men have not taken away my refuse yet.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        There has been rain, and I think a bit more is likely.

The tardy bin men have not taken away my refuse yet.
        With so many empties after last night maybe they need backup?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          I hope you did. Stress is caused by not punching someone who deserves it.

sooo many people sooo few knuckles!!!
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Mama said knock you out!

I'm gonna knock you out!
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Lunch has been zingy chicken, tomato and lentil soup with wholemeal bread

Still grey but dry and mild here, though there's now a chance of showers around sunset

Comment

I happen to have a lemon in the fridge, left over from the ones I got for a particular Christmas recipe, which could do with being used up. So I'm going to direct my afternoon walk past the Co-op, get milk and eggs (and flour if I haven't already got enough), and make pancakes

First time I'll have made them in many a long year. I've got very vague memories of making them with my physicist GF in the 1980s, though that may be a false memory. Only other recollection of making them is one time in the Scouts

Comment

I will be making pancakes this evening. Trying to decide what sort to make.

Comment

Pancakes were made earlier by the only person in the house (Eek twin 1 as Eek twin 2 is in Leeds) who likes pancakes.

We may eventually see a tidy kitchen but I'm not holding out much hope before me or Mrs Eek give up and clean it ourselves.
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Lunch is the other tin of flavourless Heinz Beef Broth made more edible with the addition of Worcestershire sauce, Bovril and chipotle Tabasaco.

Comment

Working...
                      X