• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning all

Dull, overcast, wet. It's currently 8 degrees and is expected to reach 14 after lunch. The rain is allegedly going to ease up as the day progresses and some sun will poke through those clouds. Barometer down to 1016 mBar.

Happy birthday to me

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
    A new red and white maple leaf design is adopted as the flag of Canada 1965

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Morning all

Dull, overcast, wet. It's currently 8 degrees and is expected to reach 14 after lunch. The rain is allegedly going to ease up as the day progresses and some sun will poke through those clouds. Barometer down to 1016 mBar.

Happy birthday to me

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
      A new red and white maple leaf design is adopted as the flag of Canada 1965
      Happy Birthday!

That really needs the return of the
      The Fabulous TPD Marching Band

........ ........

. . . . . . . .

.. .. .. .. .. .. .. ..
      .. .. .. .. .. .. .. ..

. . . . .. . . . .
      . . . . .. . . . .
      . . . . .. . . . .
      . . . . .. . . . .
      . . . . .. . . . .

.. .. .. .. .... .. .. .. ..

Comment

Morning.

I thought that was a Kantar fact - Happy Birthday another year younger.....

It is raining outside but if fills warm.

The hole has finally all gone. Earlier there as a man in a flat bed truck which had "Highway Maintenance" on it looking at the hole and the road surface. He got out of his truck in the heavy rain and removed all the traffic lights. Then put the short green fencing on the pavement. Normal road service has resumed.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

LM - how old are you?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            LM - how old are you?
            45!

Comment

45!
              Unable to compute - ladies only age to 29 - and then it's 29 + a little bit.
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Morning.

Grey.

Overcast.

No current precipitation.

Damp.

Dreary.

Sunless.

Warmer at 16.8 deg in here.

1015 mBar, 29.97 inHg, 50% RH.

Telex machine gleaming.

Monday.

<hiatus>

Walk walked.

Rather overdressed for this morning's weather so got a bit hot.

Obvious signs of the deluge yesterday evening with drains variously blocked with leaves and pine needles.

The littering scum has decorated the hill with rubbish once again.

Justifiable homicide.

For no readily apparent reason I was dreaming about Mitcheldean.

In particular that large tool store that resides there (or did 20 years ago).

Dozing was helped immensely by the absence of that chap with the horrid voice on the Today prog.

<hiatus>

Lunch: poached tomato and scrambled egg on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed toast (crust), bramble jelly sandwich on same, yellow corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Not feeling overly dynamic today, dunno why.

Might potch in the tin shed for a while, it's time I organized the place a bit better.

<hiatus>

It started picking with rain so I didn't bother, just measured the garage for fitting some sheets to the walls to end the water ingress once & for all. . As if.

Shaggy dog story:

Tonteg home'''s faulty wiring sees dogs get electric shocks - BBC News

Sounds a bit odd.

Afternoon entertainment: missed a Randolph "Stone FAce" Scott movie "Fighting Man of the Plains (1949)"

I haven't watched that one.

Trucking Hell.

The usual 2 hours of Yorkshire police pursuits.

What strikes about the NZ version of these is how polite they all are, so unlike this benighted land.

Scotland from above: some sort of slate mine on a Scottish island, apparently these were very deep at 60 feet*.

*Nothing compared with those in north Wales.

Now he's off looking for the first main road in Scotland from an old biplane, it's an old Roman Rd.

Dere Street.

NCIS S16 E4 "Third Wheel" which turned out to be fairly amusing.

Filthy Britain SOS wherein there's two chaps in ghillie suits trying to discover a flytipper.

Pity they don't have the .50 cal to take the scumbag out, it'd go well with the ghillie suits.
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 15 February 2021, 22:15.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning denizens

I seem to have had a decent night's sleep, given that I can't really remember any of it and feel quite refreshed

Overcast grey day, still damp from last night's rain

Warmer though! Currently 7°C, heading for 11° this afternoon

Atmospheric pressure: 1005/1015mB.

Comment

Happy birthday to me
                    Happy birthday!

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                      Unable to compute - ladies only age to 29 - and then it's 29 + a little bit.
                      LM is 29 plus a few months....

Comment

Working...
                      X