• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    And whilst guzzling the soup finished its pressure cooking, and there is indeed a fearsome lot of it

Just reducing it a little now, after which I'll portion it up so it cools down a bit quicker, ready for a night in the fridge
    Nine portions, it turns out; one for lunch tomorrow, and eight for the freezer

Comment

Onwards with the NCC-1701D tonight: S5E6 The Game (TV Episode 1991), in which that Wesley fella turns up again, and saves the day, again

I remembered at least some of this one from watching it a good few years ago, and reckon it's quite a good one

Lots of fireworks being let off some distance away for the last hour. Let's hope they suddenly realise it's bloody freezing (-3°C at the moment) and go back inside soon

Goodnight all

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        Recycling trundled. Chilly out but still dry. The tiles on my patio and stairs are covered in salt residue. I hope it rains soon to wash it all away (but overnight so as not to ruin my day).
        Good reminder! I have trundled too!

Comment

Need to be up...
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

The hole people have been and moved their vans.

I wondered what that noise was earlier.

There is just fencing and a hole left.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

It's Friday, I'm in Love...

Four weeks left before outside ends...no offer has yet been forthcoming from the prospective, as yet.

"The Load-Out" is imminent.
              I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Morning all

Dry out, blue sky with some light cloud. Currently 0 degrees ('feels like' -4) and it's going to hover between that and 1 for much of the day. Little chance of precipitation. Barometer up to 1027 mBar.

Very glad it's Friday.

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
                George Gershwin's 'Rhapsody in Blue' is first performed in New York, United States 1924
                Last edited by ladymuck; 12 February 2021, 11:46. Reason: typo

Comment

Morning.

Dry.

White sky.

Overcast.

Sunless.

Cold at 15 deg in here.

1024 mBar, 30.24 inHg, 51% RH.

Friday.

Very odd dreams indeed.

I think I need to eat more cheese.

<hiatus>

Walk walked in the sunshine and the howling wind.

Salting house warmed up from 3 deg C to 11 Deg C with fan heater in an attempt to avoid any problems with the WM.

Smalls now in the WM.

New way to put back out: loading smalls into washing machine without kneeling down. :

In with the smalls are the tatterdemalion ancient cords I wear around the house.

I thought it might be a good idea since they've almost reached the stage of independent existence.

<hiatus>

Smalls out of the WM & into the TD.

Cords hanging on the line to dry in the semigale.

Shirts in the WM.

The excitement of this knows few bounds.

Shirts out of the WM.

Cottons in the WM.

Lunch: poached tomato and scrambled egg on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed toast, bramble jelly sandwich on same, red corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Smalls out of the TD.

Shirts in the TD.

Shirts out of the TD & duly ironed.

Cottons out of the WM and into the TD.

Cottons out of the TD (eventually).

Floors roughly vacced.

Afternoon entertainment: Trucking Hell wherein the railway engine and transporter were rescued (eventually), and several tons of rancid cheese were skipped.

Police Interceptors: drunk nutter driving the wrong way up the M6, flooding in Cumbria.

Pizza delivery driver with no business cover (doing a favour for a friend) plus the two front tyres were down to the cords which impressed the plod no end.

Apparently he'd never seen anything that bad before.

Then again, he's a young bloke coz I have.

There was sommat up with the tracking/alignment on the car since both tyres were worn on the left hand edge.

Well there's a thing: I now know what a greengage is.

Tea: Tesco breaded haddock, yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment:

Susan Calvin's grand day out: the Highlands, wet as an otter's pocket during her trip, they used previously filmed stuff when it wasn't torrential as cutaways.

The thing on BBC2 about Stonehenge being moved from the Preseli mountains to Wiltshire.

One might be tempted to blame Y Saes but they were elsewhere at the time.

Moderately inneresting. I rather missed the good Professor's leather jacket from the other series.

Again filmed in a deluge.

"In the heat of the night (1967)" with Sidney Poitier and Rod Steiger in the South.

Intense.
                  Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 12 February 2021, 23:18.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                    I think I need to eat more cheese.
                    What sort of cheese? I hope its Welsh!

Details man details!

Comment

Someone has dropped off a gift for me. I need to find the caretaker to see if he can tell me who delivered it.

Comment

Working...
                      X