• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Just looking at my weather app.

Wednesday night it is going to be -7 degrees.

I don't think I'm turning my heating off.
    Only -5°C here, but even that does seem a little low for comfort

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      I wonder if they'll come on again at 23:50, or stay off all night?
      They didn't come on

Comment

No telly tonight apart from a bit of Police Interceptors whilst dining. But I caught up on the final 24 hours of Apollo 14's mission on the realtime-plus-fifty-years Twitter feed

It's snowed and settled again here, though not very much; just enough to turn the pavements white

Goodnight all

Comment

Comment

Morning.

The hole people started at 7.01am today.

The pavements were white and crunchy underneath. I am waiting for it to turn into sheet ice tomorrow to see if there are any runners out like today. Though I won't be out.

Currently -1 degree and today's high is +2 degrees with a low of -7 degrees. That's because there is no rain.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Morning all

Clear blue sky this morning. I expect it ought to be dry out (notwithstanding any snow that may be lingering in patches) but my little patio is wet. The pattern suggests the caretaker has been up to something rather than the weather. Currently -1 ('feels like' -4) and it'll get up to 1 degree. The sun will stay out all day, unlikely to have any form of precipitation. Barometer up to 1003 mBar.

I slept through most of my alarm this morning. The radio goes off at 0700 and I didn't really come to until about 0740, maybe 0745, when they were interviewing the lawyer in the US who turned himself into a cat on Zoom. I don't get up before 0800 anyway so the over sleeping just means I didn't hear lots of stuff that would annoy me.

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
              'Tom and Jerry' created by Hanna-Barbera, make their debut on MGM 1940

Comment

Originally posted by Scruff View Post
                Heated floor fixed. Diverter valve ate itself.

GirlCat has a nice warm floor again.

I've a hole in my pocket (Dear Liza, a hole).
                "The Heat is On!"
                I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Originally posted by Scruff View Post
                  "The Heat is On!"

GirlCat will be very happy indeed

Comment

Morning.

Dry.

Sunny.

Blue sky with pinky yellow white fluffy clouds.

Cold. 15.something in here earlier.

1014 mbar, inHg, 52% RH.

Wednesday apparently.

<hiatus>

Walk walked.

Not so bitterly cold this morning since there's no wind & I wore some Lidl(tm) thick gloves so my hands were nice & toasty.

Occasional flake of snow observed.

And a dog who didn't like me.

Plus it's clouded over.

Lunch: poached tomato (not so much poached as nuked for 3 minutes in the poppety ping which cooks it rather more quickly) and scrambled egg on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed toast (non crust), bramble jelly on same, yellow corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

<hiatus>

New legs fitted to one end of Ernie's work bench, from the looks of it, I'll to fit a new leg to the other end as wall. :

Tinshed door undercoated again since it's currently dry.

Afternoon entertainment: Trucking Hell S2 E4.

Traffic Cops. There's a fatality in this one apparently.

Driver fell asleep at wheel and killed 81-year-old widow | Yorkshire Evening Post

First up though there's an oik in an Audi writing off 4 cars outside a skool after which it's discovered that the insurance policy has been fronted & the policy is voided. Ooops.

£660 fine & 8 points.

Intoxicated driver, already banned, drugs in the car, offensive weapon in car, dangerous driving, failing to stop, uninsured.

They didn't do him for the offensive weapon, just the other 6 offences.

Tudur Owen's TV Flashbacks: seaside. Amusing enough.

Abandoned Engineering: Nevada gold mine, abandoned after WWII.

El Dorado Canyon (Nevada) - Wikipedia

Malta: fort: VR 1881. I wonder who built that then.

Last example of a rifled muzzle loading gun, 12".

Fort Delimara - Wikipedia

Poland 2MW radio transmitter.

2120' guyed tower, at the time the highest man made structure in the world.

Radio Warsaw.

Warsaw radio mast - Wikipedia

Because a voltage potential of 120 kV existed between the mast and ground, it stood on a 2-metre (6.6 ft)-high insulator.
                    Stone me, that could make your eyes water a bit.

Another Scottish island in the Firth of Forth near Edinburgh.

Inchkeith - Wikipedia

Saw the first submarine sinking of WWI and the last sinking of WWII.

Devon & Cornwall Walks: The Lizard: Zeity would have been happy. though it's a bit south of whence he came.

The explanation of the Skewen mine flood:

https://www.npt.gov.uk/media/15220/c...20210210091755

Watched the thing about Trump the Loser.

He really is an obnoxious ignorant asshole.
                    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 10 February 2021, 22:09.
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Monday links fluffed. Well hardly fluffing as the Ian Hislop article was a great one.

Comment

Working...
                      X