• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Butternut squash and bacon soup with toast.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Bacon and avocado on some oatie bread.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        BP-children bought me an amazon firstick in preparation for my operation. Will give me something to do while recovering.
        What setting it up?

They should have got you a roku stick - as then you can have any streaming app you want.
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
          I might have to have a lie down.
          But you can't with all that work to do....

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
            What setting it up?

They should have got you a roku stick - as then you can have any streaming app you want.

Firetv supports almost any app - VLC, Plex & Kodi are popular add ons. Its also quite a powerful spec.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
              What setting it up?

We have an old LG TV - it has most apps apart from Prime.

But I will go and shout at them now for such a thoughtless present! I don't want to do the done thing and just say thank you. It will remind them to work hard so they never have to live at home again...

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                But you can't with all that work to do....

Comment

Another item ticked off. Initial call from physio. You measure from crease of knee to heel. Add 2 inches. Bed, chair and toilet all have to be that height. Bed is okay. Chair needs extra cushion. Toilet needs a seat raiser - 6 inches. MrsBP says she also wants 6 inches - cheeky mare.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    The snow has largely melted here, even though it's supposedly only 0°C. It's still snowing extremely lightly from time to time but that should tail off. Might have to go for my walk again at this rate
                    Up to a balmy 1°C and the sun was out, so: walk briskly walked, green ring closed

I managed to do the first mile at 14'53"/mile but then my ankles started whinging as they do sometimes, so the average for the round trip came out as 15'07"/mile

Most of the snow has melted away now, despite the cold temperatures; it was still there on north-facing roofs, so I daresay it's the sun that's been doing all the work. All pavements were clear though, so that was OK

Comment

It seems my coffee table has appreciated nicely in the years since I picked it up.

Mid 20th Century Glass Topped Katrina G Plan Coffee Table | G Plan | Vinterior

I think I only gave about £20 for it.

Comment

Working...
                      X